Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > New Mexico Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Mexico Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: CelticDevilDog

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Senior User

BioHazrdMan has a good reputation on FTE.BioHazrdMan has a good reputation on FTE.
Anyone hunting here in New Mexico???

SOoo.... I am getting the hunting itch BAD and am wondering if anyone else here is/was hunting here in NM. I have a bull elk hunt by Eagle Nest on Oct. 11th, a deer hunt on Oct. 18th in CO., and then a deer hunt in the Capitan Mountains on Nov. 15th. I am getting excited! My hunting year started early, this spring, on a antelope population reduction hunt by Roswell. Got a nice little buck! Man, it is some of the best eating... maybe even better then the oryx I got a few years ago!

Good luck if you are hunting and post some pics!

Click the image to open in full size.
Mods: The DP Tuner, 5in MBRP Exhaust, #6637 air filter, JW Valve body, TruCool Trans cooler, Gauges, WW...
GOT SMOKE?

Old 09-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Senior User

sealboy84 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bio,
I stopped hunting a few years ago, but I have some great pictures of some of the kills I got. I'll dig some out if you are interested. One of the last I got was a bull nilgai antelope down in S. Texas.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America 'for an amount of up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand what that is.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Freshman User

a77bronc is starting off with a positive reputation.
I hunt just about every year. Got me an oryx in August, have an elk hunt in October, a deer hunt in November then I'll start duck. Love to hunt and drive my girlfriend crazy...
Old 09-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Elder User

F0rdFre@K has a good reputation on FTE.F0rdFre@K has a good reputation on FTE.
I'm hunting... BUT... Not what y'all are hunting.

I'm a new single guy. So, I'm hunting Hot Single Women.

Fierce Off Road Destroyer - 73 Ford Bronco Roadster. 302 w/ "mods", C4, D20, D44, 9", 6 Point Cage, Rancho Lift, 35x12.5x15" Mud Tires on Aluminum Rims
Old 10-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Senior User

BioHazrdMan has a good reputation on FTE.BioHazrdMan has a good reputation on FTE.
Got a mule deer!!! First one! 150yd. shot and he walked 10 feet and fell. 30min into opening morning at that! Beer and fishing after that.... it was a blast!

sealboy84... some pics would be GREAT if you can dig some up.

Well, here are a few pics!

Mods: The DP Tuner, 5in MBRP Exhaust, #6637 air filter, JW Valve body, TruCool Trans cooler, Gauges, WW...
GOT SMOKE?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Senior User

The Wifey got her FIRST DEER!!! Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Sunday evening we walked the long way (1.5 miles) to the edge of a medow... saw a buck and 3 doe 400 or 500 yds. away. sun had just gone down so we had half a hour yet.... Managed to use cover of some trees and get to 190yds. Wifey made a hell of a shot and broke his back. I am so proud of her! Pics!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/bi...an/IMG_2355.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/bi...an/IMG_2351.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/bi...an/IMG_2357.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/bi...an/IMG_2362.jpg

Got mine earlier that morning at about 8:30. Was climbing up a hill to glass the other side when about 7 doe and a spike crested the hill above me about 165yds away. I stopped but they saw me and just stood there watching. I got a tripod out, sat down had my gun ready and was looking to see if the little guy was a fork or not (only a fork or better is legal). Well.... 5 minutes pass and I see horns moving behind the doe! Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Soon enough he walks to the top of the hill by the doe... never sees me and I take the shot. He buckles, jumps and kinda walks off back outa sight. The does stand there for a minute and then take off. I wait 10 minutes and go look and he is laying about 20yds from where I shot him at! Click the image to open in full size.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/bi...an/DSC01497.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/bi...an/DSC01491.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/bi...an/DSC01490.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/bi...an/DSC01501.jpg

Just thought I would share.... Wife's first buck ever and my second buck ever!!! Click the image to open in full size. Was down in unit #37 Capitan Mountains!
GOT SMOKE?

Old 11-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Posting Guru

powrstrkr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.powrstrkr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Congrats to both of you. I've only hunted twice and didn't really get hooked on it. But I support it 100%. I've had deer/elk/moose/antelope etc meat and love it all!!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Elder User

tankhead is starting off with a positive reputation.
Congratulations to everyone who bagged one. Looks like some great times. I got a bow tag I'm hoping to fill come January. Unit 32. And yes i am ready!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:12 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > New Mexico Chapter