1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Making a run...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:32 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Making a run...

Hi Everyone,
I thought I'd post this just in case there is any interest. as a sideline business I transport custom and classic cars. I have a run from here in SE Ohio going to Atlanta, GA. I will be going down loaded but returning empty. I intend to make it a quick turnaround with as little as possible delays and stop overs. I have a driver going with me so we can keep rolling. I will be returning to Ohio by way of I-85 and I-77 but I could take the alternate route of I-75, I- 64 and I-77. Even that route can be modified a bit on the Northern end.

If anyone has anything that needs moved in this direction I am in a position to help. Being as I am covering deadhead, I can make a good deal.

If I don't pick up a run back, I am going to keep an eye out for something to bring back for myself. I am interested in anything I can use for my '53 F-100 project.

If anyone knows of any good places to stop and look, like junkyards, I'd like to know about it. I need some rear fenders and maybe some doors if they aren't in too bad of shape.

Later...

Old 09-19-2008, 07:48 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
I know a guy (from Rochester, MN) who goes thru OH, IN, PA, and IL every now and then, so if there is ever a car/truck (or parts) that are REALLY needed, I'll keep ya in mind. He hauls parts and cars, too.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:13 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Man...

Originally Posted by havi
I know a guy (from Rochester, MN) who goes thru OH, IN, PA, and IL every now and then, so if there is ever a car/truck (or parts) that are REALLY needed, I'll keep ya in mind. He hauls parts and cars, too.
Thanks Scott,
Other than the junk I collect, I mainly haul customs and classics. This time it's a '49 Olds going to Atlanta. This is on short order as it will be this coming week and probably too soon to book am run back. I just thought I might use the opportunity to help somebody get something basck. Also I wouldn't mind finding something I could use.

I purposely do not try to book continueously because that would be all I ever got done. One or two runs a month is fine for me. I mainly started the business to augment and help pay for my own runs.

Later man...