Sealers

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:34 PM
tbm3fan
Cargo Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Sealers

Getting ready to do some painting. Will be using PPG Concept single stage solid colors on two different surfaces. One surface will be bare metal (no body work) that has been painted with DPLF epoxy primer. The other surfaces are the original Ford enamel that has been thoroughly sanded and cleaned. I understand that the color can be applied directly over the DPLF as is. However, the enamel surfaces should be sealed and I have seen two versions saying use the DPLF (store) and something like K36 (car forums). Are both right in their choice or is one more appropriate?

Going through archives I saw that the PPG V-Seal Acrylic Urethane Sealers would be best to use on the cured and sanded oem surfaces due to laying out nicely. At least that was the opinion from someone who sold paints like PPG.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:02 PM
385seriesHemi
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DPLF epoxy is compatible with Concept (DCC) Acrylic urethane. K36 is compatible with DPLF epoxy & compatible with DCC also. Thats from the PPG paint info I have that I aquired when I worked at a local auto parts store that mixes PPG. If you want more info on both DPLF or K36, just ask.