Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Elder User

jsimon724 is starting off with a positive reputation.
dealer service

Hey guys,
Jim from Baltimore here. Just wondering - don't need it now, hopefully I won't - but if I've got to take the truck in for warranty work at some point, who do you suggest?
I bought the truck (06 250 CC) at Al Packer, but I can have warranty work done at any area dealer, right?
Anybody have experience on which dealers are easier to deal with and which ones are pr***s?
I'm not doing any crazy mods to the truck, just bolt-on stuff, but if I have problems down the road, I'd like to find a dealer who won't give me a hard time and who has good diesel techs.
thanks,Jim
Old 09-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
I take mine to Miller Bros on rt 40 in Ellicott City....what mods you got? I think as long as you don't have a tuner and still have your cat, you'll be ok.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 09-18-2008, 10:26 PM
DE Chapter LDR

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
I take my truck to Al Packer. I have never had a problem with them. They treat me well there. Especially since I have the performance tune in the truck.
Big Bser number XO Slackmaster#5
RIP Stevebricks. You will be missed.
Join the DE Chapter here
Old 09-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Elder User

jsimon724 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Right now I've just got an Airaid intake, but I'll probably do the exhaust next. Looking at the MBRP 4" single. From what I understand they come with a cat delete pipe, so I can swap it in and out if I want. I'm also running an SCT X3, mainly for the economy, but I have tried out the performance setting (SWEET!), so I can always set it back to stock b4 taking it in for service.
Shaun, you say you're running a performance tune and they don't bother you about it? Have you had anything done under warranty yet?
Thanks, Jim
Old 09-19-2008, 05:24 PM
DE Chapter LDR

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
I havent had anything done under warranty yet with the tune installed. But I have gone there and seen other vehicles that have been modded and havent heard anything negative about them. In fact just had rear pads and routine maintenence done about three weeks ago and they did not question anything about the truck.
Join the DE Chapter here
Old 09-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Shaun, HOPEFULLY, you will NOT have a warranty claim. It IS possible that if you do, and they now KNOW you have a tuner, they will be able to deny any claim that has anything to do with engine work! I sure HOPE it will never happen, but some have discoved after Ford knows there is a tuner on there, they flag your records for it!

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
DE Chapter LDR

Thats tru Bud.
Join the DE Chapter here
Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter