1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Billion? Very off topic but I hadda do it ;-)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:40 AM
53pickemuptruck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still have my truck!

Old 09-20-2008, 11:30 AM
sparky
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well a billion is a very large number but...... I just read on the CBC website that the good ole US of A government is planning on spending a trillion dollars in the bailout............ OMG isn't that a thousand billion

Old 09-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Cyruscosmo
Senior User
A trillion…. Makes me wonder if the people currently running things actually have the USA's best interest in mind. Bailing people out of messes they put themselves in is bad business by any definition.

Maybe people should be awarded points for doing stupid stuff and when they get enough they can be admitted to somewhere nice and safe for them.

I ran across a picture a number of years ago that showed the persistence of a person in prying the head off a small block chebby. Apparently they did not want to mess with removing the headers and as a result broke the head in two pieces. The person wanted the head replaced under warranty because if the head had been fine then they would not have had to remove it. The picture was in the Napa store where I bought most of the parts to build my first motor.

Look at that stretch of beach in Texas where all of those house's "used to be". Now do a little digging and you will find that is not the first time that same stretch of beach was washed clean of the houses there. If someone wants to keep dumping money into the ocean that is his or her business.

Do I feel for those people who continue to place themselves in harms way and expect someone else to foot the bill… No.
I do however feel for their children, the parents have a choice the children do not.

Darwin is right, the human being is a superb machine because our creator gave us the ability to adapt to any environment and thrive. Maybe somewhere down the line all of those idiots will pass from the gene pool and leave the beaches, river banks and planes free of all the garbage we have to pick up every time nature does what it is supposed too.

Cyrus

Old 09-23-2008, 08:33 PM
dylan1952
Senior User
I just keep wondering WHY would Mr. Obama or Mr. McCain want this job(President) so much? Can either one change things much without Congress?
I know over the centuries there have been crooked people and politicians but, I remember Bill Clinton left with the US having a surplus of money. I just can't believe all of the problems that have happend under George W. Bush !!

Just my opinion....

Old 09-23-2008, 08:42 PM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Originally Posted by dylan1952
Bill Clinton left with the US having a surplus of money. I just can't believe all of the problems that have happend under George W. Bush !!

Just my opinion....
I had a surplus, when he left, too. Not any more.

November can't come soon enough...

R

Old 09-24-2008, 06:48 PM
joedellcarter
Senior User
Billions and billions of bees!

I'd like to think someone is looking out for us, and has our best interests in mind, but at the end of the day, we have to look out for eachother.

...kumbayah my lord, etc.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:26 PM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Originally Posted by sparky
Well a billion is a very large number but...... I just read on the CBC website that the good ole US of A government is planning on spending a trillion dollars in the bailout............ OMG isn't that a thousand billion
Nah, only $700 Billion...not quite a trillion...but, the way the gov't is right now, won't take long to surpass the trillion dollar mark, with cost overruns, etc...maybe closer to two? Nothing has stopped them yet...

Hey, as Everett Dirkson said once (I'm pretty sure it was him), "A billion here, and a billion there, pretty soon we're talking real money!!"

R

Old 09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
sparky
Posting Guru
I stand corrected Heck what is 300 Billion really? I can probably lend that to the rich bankers to ease their pain

Originally Posted by rcav8or
Nah, only $700 Billion...not quite a trillion...but, the way the gov't is right now, won't take long to surpass the trillion dollar mark, with cost overruns, etc...maybe closer to two? Nothing has stopped them yet...

Hey, as Everett Dirkson said once (I'm pretty sure it was him), "A billion here, and a billion there, pretty soon we're talking real money!!"

R

Old 09-25-2008, 01:33 PM
sparky
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Cyruscosmo
Look at that stretch of beach in Texas where all of those house's "used to be". Now do a little digging and you will find that is not the first time that same stretch of beach was washed clean of the houses there. If someone wants to keep dumping money into the ocean that is his or her business.
Well my Dad taught me when you are looking at a house ..... sit on the deck..... if you are looking up at the river/ocean/ or whatever body of water...probably a good idea to pass on it