Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 PM
New User

Digs is starting off with a positive reputation.
1988 Bronco Motor Swap.

Hello All,I am writing this thread in hopes to get advice on a motor swap. I was recently awarded my father's(God rest his soul) 1988 Bronco XLT5.0L in a probate settlement. This truck means the world to me. After inspecting it,I noticed that during the two year dispute his ex-wife and daughters had failed to service the truck (add oil) causing many problems. One of which is the main bearings to knock, with almost no oil pressure.He bought this truck new and it was his baby.My dad often would say, " I should of got the 5.8L windsor". I want to restore this truck in his name and make that 5.8L windsor a reality. I just purchased a 1993 F-350 w/5.8L windsor (351 small block) with AOD Transmission. The motor has a recent re-build on it (5K), the trans has 96K on it. I've done some research and this but everyone I contact tells me the same thing," it's too much trouble,just re-build the 302". My wife says ," you don't have the time just sell it". I am a Ford guy like my father before me and his father before him, this is just something i can't give up on.Please submit and tips, advice or suggestions. Thank You, Clayton Hawkins
Old 09-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Posting Guru

Virto has a good reputation on FTE.Virto has a good reputation on FTE.Virto has a good reputation on FTE.
Actually since both engines should be EFI, it's not that big a deal.

Swing by the 87-96 F-series section and the Big Bronco section and you'll get more info.
1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat Supercab - 5.0/E4OD - Dead and gone.
1993 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab - 5.0/AOD - 3.55
Old 09-25-2008, 03:26 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects

Tags
1988, 58, 88, bronco, building, engine, motor, project, swap