Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Junior User

Dr.B is starting off with a positive reputation.
trucks L vs ss

did anyone catch the trucks episode where they dynoed the lightning and the ss? i caught it in the middle of the dynoe for the L, its base was 310hp but didnt catch the tq numbers. then they put a new fuel pump in it and dynoed again, but didnt reveal the numbers. the ss was 298hp and 347tq then they put a msd box on it and it made 318hp and 332tq??? those mite be alittle off, i was upset they didnt give the Ls numbers.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Senior User

S.A.L. is starting off with a positive reputation.
The L has a turbo on it now.
You're way behind.
All of the episodes are on YouTube.
Ketchup!
Old 09-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.B View Post
did anyone catch the trucks episode where they dynoed the lightning and the ss? i caught it in the middle of the dynoe for the L, its base was 310hp but didnt catch the tq numbers. then they put a new fuel pump in it and dynoed again, but didnt reveal the numbers. the ss was 298hp and 347tq then they put a msd box on it and it made 318hp and 332tq??? those mite be alittle off, i was upset they didnt give the Ls numbers.
Yeah I seen it and Kevin is hiding the last dyno run of the L so it's more than the 2nd run
Old 09-16-2008, 02:34 AM
Junior User

Dr.B is starting off with a positive reputation.
calm down S.a.l. im up to date with whats bene going on, im looking for the numbers the turbo L put down on the dyno. it bugs me that they didnt say, but it aslo makes me wonder if the hp is way past 310 now that it has proper amount of fuel past 5k rpm!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.B View Post
calm down S.a.l. im up to date with whats bene going on, im looking for the numbers the turbo L put down on the dyno. it bugs me that they didnt say, but it aslo makes me wonder if the hp is way past 310 now that it has proper amount of fuel past 5k rpm!
Dr.B I believe it is since Kevin closed the laptop on the last dyno run.Looks like there is a big surprise coming.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Elder User

Mtthwvn73 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah, I've been watching it too. I can't wait to see that Lightning stomp that SS. I can't believe that 454 is only making that kind of horsepower, I was for sure thinking it would be pushing at least 400...maybe they're not as good as what I thought, lol.

Matt

5.8 MA'd
E4OD tranny
All the options
Old 09-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Junior User

johnnycool is starting off with a positive reputation.
That lighting did not have a supercharger, I thought all gen 1 lightings had it.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycool View Post
That lighting did not have a supercharger, I thought all gen 1 lightings had it.
Only the Gen II came with superchargers, The Gen ones didn't but many were outfitted with a vortex charger
Old 09-18-2008, 12:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150