6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Well I think ford finally did it with me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:35 PM
tobacco farmer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I think ford finally did it with me!!!

I sure hate to say it but I think im thru with ford. I been buying one every 4 years from them since 84 and know they do this.
I bought the one of the first 6.0 that came out built in 10/03. Couldnt ask for a better truck intil about 15,000 miles on it. Thats when it started. I would go out and start the truck in the winter and about 30 mins later I would leavewell as I was in the house I didnt hear it running no more after 15 mins. Then there after everytime I started it would white smoke and not go nowhere intil it warmed up. So ford replaced the injectors and problem fixed. About 20,000 I was hauling tobacco and it started to overheat and loosing antifreeze. Well ford just put a little label on the tank where you put antifreeze "not to fill past this mark. I told them I think its the head gasket. They said no. Well bout 30,000 miles the trany and another set of injectors go out and the egr valve and vacum pump. Still loosing antifreeze all the time you pull a load about 60,000 miles another trany.
So Ford gives me the extended warranty at no cost for all the trouble I had with it. Well now it has 70,000 on it and the rearend went out so I take it to them and the service manager that I never get along with sends pictures of my truck to fords main office and to remind you I farm full time raising tobacco cattle grain so the truck is not a on the road truck. I get a call from a woman from Ford to tell me that Ford voided my warranty because the floor boards was dirty!!! That was misused and abused. So I had to have the truck and bought a 2800.00 rear end and now 2 months later the samething again.
I even had to buy a duramax to be able to get thru housing tobacco.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:04 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
oh, thats to bad

Old 09-14-2008, 11:09 PM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
Well, sorry you chose to come on here to complain about leaving Ford as your first post. I don't have much respect for someone who gets on a forum to bad mouth a product and to inform everyone they are going to the competition. As if it is a last stab at the product manufacturer. You should have come on here a long time ago so we could help you get your problems solved. Sorry for your luck.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:34 PM
brmpipes
Elder User
yah dirty floor boards you brute.Ford should of repossesed the truck from you right on the spot lol,later tater.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:04 AM
unrulee
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by aldridgec
Well, sorry you chose to come on here to complain about leaving Ford as your first post. I don't have much respect for someone who gets on a forum to bad mouth a product and to inform everyone they are going to the competition. As if it is a last stab at the product manufacturer. You should have come on here a long time ago so we could help you get your problems solved. Sorry for your luck.
I couldn't have said it better.

Nice first post !!!!

aldridgec, they should leave this post at the top of the 6.0 forum as a warning to the TROLLS!!! This is the guys first post on a forum that in no way shape or form is finantially or any other way tied in to FoMoCo. He's not even asking for technical advice.......just standing on a Bow-Tie soapbox. Seems a little suspect to me.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:44 AM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I wonder if tobacco farmer would supply a Vin to verify his story.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:06 AM
ljutic ss
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like your truck did alot of idleing per week in the winter?

Originally Posted by tobacco farmer
I sure hate to say it but I think im thru with ford. I been buying one every 4 years from them since 84 and know they do this.
I bought the one of the first 6.0 that came out built in 10/03. Couldnt ask for a better truck intil about 15,000 miles on it. Thats when it started. I would go out and start the truck in the winter and about 30 mins later I would leavewell as I was in the house I didnt hear it running no more after 15 mins. Then there after everytime I started it would white smoke and not go nowhere intil it warmed up. So ford replaced the injectors and problem fixed. About 20,000 I was hauling tobacco and it started to overheat and loosing antifreeze. Well ford just put a little label on the tank where you put antifreeze "not to fill past this mark. I told them I think its the head gasket. They said no. Well bout 30,000 miles the trany and another set of injectors go out and the egr valve and vacum pump. Still loosing antifreeze all the time you pull a load about 60,000 miles another trany.
So Ford gives me the extended warranty at no cost for all the trouble I had with it. Well now it has 70,000 on it and the rearend went out so I take it to them and the service manager that I never get along with sends pictures of my truck to fords main office and to remind you I farm full time raising tobacco cattle grain so the truck is not a on the road truck. I get a call from a woman from Ford to tell me that Ford voided my warranty because the floor boards was dirty!!! That was misused and abused. So I had to have the truck and bought a 2800.00 rear end and now 2 months later the samething again.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:30 AM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Troll!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:41 AM
paulfreda
Junior User
I see way too much of this in my travels. Pickup Trucks are not John Deere tractors! The new emmission diesels are not like the old ones. They have to be cared for according to the book. Half hour of idle time in the winter???? If the Duramax is treated the same way he treats the 6.0 we'll see him posting his Duramax problems on the Dodge/Cummins site. Farm operation? How many times was the rear axle submerged? How many trailers laden with tobacco, and their weight, are being pulled through the mud? Yes! I would really like to see a VIN.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:02 AM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ljutic ss
Sounds like your truck did alot of idleing per week in the winter?
Exactly what I was thinking. When I first got mine I let it idle 30 minutes a day waiting for my daughter to get out of school (hot outside needed air conditioning), but that stopped after the egr, head gaskets, etc failure. I came on here and read all the posts on how to take care of you truck... now after a few dollars well spent I have no issues.
I just think it's ironic.... you had a transmission problem with your Ford and you got rid of it to get a Duramax??

Old 09-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Powerstroke_wannabe
Posting Guru

The purpose of this board (IMO) is so that we can help each other out when problems arise. Of course there's venting from time to time and that is to be understood. However, venting on your first post just to poke your finger in the eye of the mfg is taboo and won't get you any sympathy around here. Most of us realize that problems often are a combination of design, usage, and maintenance. Without a full story it's hard to say where your problems lie. However, I think Paulfreda and Maximum hit the nail on the head and raise good questions to the OP.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tobacco farmer

Old 09-15-2008, 03:55 PM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I done reckon you abused yer truck. That there 30 minutes is too much of the idling.

Holy crap I think I got dumber by reading this post.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:46 PM
liv
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cartmanea
I done reckon you abused yer truck. That there 30 minutes is too much of the idling.

Holy crap I think I got dumber by reading this post.
you forgot to point your finger and say "I reckon that's your problem right there!"

Old 09-15-2008, 06:50 PM
juneau76
Postmaster
There is more to this story, but I don't think we'll hear it...

Last edited by juneau76; 09-15-2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: can't spell

Quick Reply: Well I think ford finally did it with me!!!