Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the Sooner F-100 club organized?
No. I don't like car/truck clubs. 1 14.29%
Maybe. Depends on location (okc,tulsa,etc) 2 28.57%
Sure. I'd get involved in the club. 3 42.86%
Absolutely! I'd help in organizing and leading the club! 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Elder User

vintage56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sooner F-100 club?

Is there anybody here from the old (now defunct?) Sooner F-100 truck club? I got in touch with some folks out in the Tuttle area a few years back and had been told the group had dissolved.

Thought I'd start a thread to see what interest there might be. We could do shop days, cruise-ins, there are a few places around I'd like to tour that would be great for a group trip...

whatchall thank?

JML
Old 09-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Posting Guru

RUSTY50F1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Would that include 48-52?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Elder User

aw heck, Claude. gotta muddy the waters don't ya?

Yes. I'd say anything older than "F-150" on it? how's that for P.C.?

wouldn't want to be elitist, but definitely no sheffy's allowed.

oh, dangit, that's brings up the topic of power trains and bench seats...

somebody chime in here.

JML
Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Elder User

alright. accounting the poll, we have a self appointed nominee for a leadership role...

looking back at the "maybe" portion of the poll, suppose we could have regional chapters.

I'm thinking a 50 mile radius around OkC for a central chapter, and each remaining quadrant defined by I-35 & I-40 as nw, ne, sw, se chapters? centralized cities to each chapter could be Enid, Tulsa, McAlester, and Lawton respectively. although, if there are any folks in the panhandle, I think Boise City is farther from Enid than Guymon is from OkC...
Old 09-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
I'm in WI so this subject really doesn't pertain to me but I just wanted to offer some input about the local Ford truck club in WI. They're a great bunch of guys and throw a really nice family type show in the middle off September, in fact it starts tonight and goes through the weekend. They do different events all over the state and have the full range of truck years. You might want to contact them if you're looking of ideas for setting up a state wide club.

Badgerland Ford F-100s Truck Club
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 09-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Postmaster

Brian_B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I actually joined the "Show Me F-100s" long before I had a truck. They were looking for one for me when I found this site. Tacson beat them to it, but they find parts for me now.

It is a lot of fun to be a part of a group and meet up with other F-1 and F-100 owners. In fact, about 6 weeks ago we went as a group over to Miami, OK for a cruise in.

Show-Me F100's

They sponsor the "Ozarks Run" every year. This past one was the 21st. Not sure how long they have been a club, but they have a lot of fun.

Not club related, but I was in OK last weekend in the truck.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Postmaster

imlowr2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm not voting because I don't live anywhere near OK. If you guys are interested in starting a truck club with F100, I'd suggesting looking at Pickups Limited in Orange County truck club. I'm not big on clubs, etc (too much politics) but OC Pickups Limited is the most awesome organized club I've ever seen. Might get some good ideas for starting yours. Good luck. Here's their website:
http://pickupslimited.com/index.html
Old 09-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
You might also think of making the club more inclusive of other models of trucks, the number of big truck owner is growing because, I feel, the 1/2 ton models have all been scarfed up or out of the price range of a lot of people. The Badgerland guys allow all size trucks into their shows. What I am saying if you designate the name to refer to only the 1/2 models you may lose out on some really nice examples of the larger trucks. Maybe you could with a name like Classic Ford Trucks, just a thought.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 09-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Posting Guru

edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wish you guys the best getting it started. We just moved our meeting place to a Ford Delaership with membership at 40 plus and we just voted in our first F1!

Ken Grody Ford
6211 Beach Blvd.
Buena Park, CA 90621

Orange County PUL Member Photo Gallery - Ken Grody Ford - Powered by PhotoPost

Click the image to open in full size.

www.pickupslimited.com
Old 09-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Postmaster

imlowr2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Now that's what I call a club meeting!!!!!!!!
I'm going to attending the Roader's Car club in Burbank, CA on the 17th of Sept. They are exclusive by members only to get in and they have invited me to join. (met a few at shows). The president has a 56 F100 as do a few other members. Most members are retired and just enjoy hotrodding and have been involved in hotrodding most of their lives. They also put on their own car shows on a monthly basis with trophies, etc. I think they have a total of 30 members right now with a variety of makes, models and types.

I use to be a member of Contemporary Car Club in Santa Clarita where I live. Great guys, really tried to fire up the club, but it wasn't happening. No one would show to runs, etc. They are still around but not very active as a club. After being a member for two years, I also found out that the president of the club was a registered child molester with his picture on megans law. com, a website that lists registered child molesters. (my wife found it on the internet and discovered his picture!). I had no idea!!!! It was a well kept secret within the club and community. Try explaining that to your wife and twin boys age 10 that he really is a nice guy!. There was no way I could be a member of this club after discovering that. In fact it tramatized me pretty bad to the point where I'm not sure if I want to be a part of any club at this time. Point here is, you never know.
Ed
Old 09-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Elder User

All three clubs listed are some I've seen in 'zines and the net and have been some that have sparked my thoughts on this over the years. I agree on being as inclusive as possible, too. I obviously plan to be a big truck owner (guess I am w/ my parts truck) too... lots of good ideas: wider makes and models, corporate sponsors? (Mar-K beds, and Obsolete Ford parts are local (Okc), famliy oriented shows, cruise-ins, and no registered offenders... seriously, that kind of thing is everywhere. you can only be as careful, observant, and educated as possible. we just moved to the county and saw where the school our son would have attended in the city had an "issue" with one of the teachers... everywhere and it's good that you were willing to make the obvious decision that not everyone would make.
back on track, one idea was Sooner Old Ford Trucks Club, but the acronym for that is SOFT... not gonna appeal to everybody with that one.... Sooner Classic Ford Truck Club works better in that regard. What would be a reasonable cut off year? 60? 66? 72? 79? I s'pose it could be modeled after this forum in groups of older, classic, and antique. It could just be Sooner Ford Trucks - which could still be condensed to so.f.t...
One other thing I think the club could (should) be about is community service. I'm just bent that way. then I guess the SOFTies acronym would be fitting, eh?
JML
Old 09-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Elder User

oh, and would the voter(s) for establishment/leadership pm or preferably e-mail me?
JML
Old 02-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Elder User

Came across this thread and thought I'd resurrect it to see if it was worth revisiting.
JML
Old 02-06-2014, 08:13 PM