1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

68 coming home tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 02:06 PM
wickedinhere
Senior User
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Thanks guys i still havent gotten back on it but i should have it going up and down this weekend. I have to run to texas tomorrow and pick up my hood i sure hope its as good as he says it is.

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-26-2008, 10:57 AM
wickedinhere
Senior User
I got the hood today and its horrable the outside looks great but the inside is bad. I called the guy to see if hes gonna make it right and sent him pics so we shall see. If i get to keep the hood i was thinking of cutting the inside completely out grinding it all down put rust killer on it then weld the brace back in place. There are no holes but the surface rust
between the outer shell and inner braces are pretty bad. here are some pics.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:03 AM
nflfreak43
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah thats pretty rough how much did you give for the hood?

Old 11-26-2008, 11:04 AM
jsutton
Posting Guru
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
If you weren't happy with it why didn't you tell him when you picked it up? Or did you pick it up from a 3rd party. I hope you can get it all worked out and make it right. What was wrong with the hood that was on the truck? Sorry if you mentioned that already I must have missed it.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Rockstone
Post Fiend
Do you think you could get some rust converter in and under the inner brace without removing it? I know that stuff is expensive but it does give you nice primered surface

Old 11-26-2008, 11:29 AM
wickedinhere
Senior User
I paid 150.00 for the hood but it cost 200 in shipping. I picked it up from the freight company, the guy said it had no rust and that he personally looked at it when i bought it. Well now he says
that his guys looked at it not him so he never actually saw it when i talked to him today.
I have some rust converter but the loose rust needs to be removed before you apply it.
If he doesnt make it right i will just dispute it with my cc company. I dont know why people want to lie everytime i get something for this truck its always a hassle.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:09 PM
nflfreak43
Postmaster
well hope it all works out so we can see the finished product soon.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:47 PM
wickedinhere
Senior User
I just talked to the guy and he said he was gonna have to make a bank loan to refund my money. He also said he didnt see all that rust when they crated it up. I will be back on the
suspension friday should be finished this weekend.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:53 PM
jsutton
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by wickedinhere
He also said he didnt see all that rust when they crated it up.
He must have had on a blindfold when he was crating it up! I hope you get it all straight.

You may have to add him to your signature!

Old 11-26-2008, 03:06 PM
tripticker
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear of the issues on ebay

I paid 150.00 for the hood but it cost 200 in shipping. I picked it up from the freight company, the guy said it had no rust and that he personally looked at it when i bought it. Well now he says
that his guys looked at it not him so he never actually saw it when i talked to him today.
I have some rust converter but the loose rust needs to be removed before you apply it.
If he doesnt make it right i will just dispute it with my cc company. I dont know why people want to lie everytime i get something for this truck its always a hassle.
Sorry to hear you are having such problems with your restoration. It looks like you are doing a thorough job with your project truck and many of those on here are anxious to see the finished product. I know you will be very proud of your efforts.
I went through very similar issues with the frame-off restoration on my '67 F-100 Flareside LWB. There were many challenges along the way, thankfully I did not have to deal with too many "mis-representations" on the hundreds of items I purchased over ebay. If it had not been for ebay, the final product of my project truck would not have turned out as good as it did.
This is the link to my project truck if you want to take a look at how I did mine:
Photo Gallery :: George Vaughn's Project '67 F-100

Old 11-26-2008, 07:00 PM
wickedinhere
Senior User
Originally Posted by tripticker
Sorry to hear you are having such problems with your restoration. It looks like you are doing a thorough job with your project truck and many of those on here are anxious to see the finished product. I know you will be very proud of your efforts.
I went through very similar issues with the frame-off restoration on my '67 F-100 Flareside LWB. There were many challenges along the way, thankfully I did not have to deal with too many "mis-representations" on the hundreds of items I purchased over ebay. If it had not been for ebay, the final product of my project truck would not have turned out as good as it did.
This is the link to my project truck if you want to take a look at how I did mine:
Photo Gallery :: George Vaughn's Project '67 F-100
Nice truck i enjoyed the pics, i didnt get the hood off of ebay. I filled out one of those salvage yard forms where they send salvage yards emails telling them what parts i am looking for.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:32 PM
tripticker
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Luck wickedinhere

Nice truck i enjoyed the pics, i didnt get the hood off of ebay. I filled out one of those salvage yard forms where they send salvage yards emails telling them what parts i am looking for.
Thanks for the compliment on the photos. Hope they offered you some encouragement and to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:06 AM
jsutton
Posting Guru
Any new progress pics.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:20 AM
wickedinhere
Senior User
Sorry, I havent had time to work on the suspension but soon i assure you.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Rig of Mortis
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am gonna get some 15x7 chrome smoothies with 3 inch whitewalls. I am going for that rat rod look.
I'm loving your progress on this project. We need to see more lowered trucks out there.

I like you wheel choice, should look sweet. I'm going for the same style of custom, nothing too serious but stance, wheels and a mexican blanket over the seats.

n.

Quick Reply: 68 coming home tomorrow