Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Senior User

GETDOWN!!! is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
El Mirage.....Round 2 Everyone!

Ok guys its time for another trip out the El Mirage. Our first trip back in April was a success! heres the link to the thread we had about it back in April. From this you can get an idea of how the trip went.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/72...pril-12th.html

We had a good turn out last trip. about 10 cars showed but only 9 drove away in the end. We lost a jeep and almost 3 lives in the early morning hours, me being one of the passengers. I hope to never experience that again.

Anyways, If your interested POST UP and lets get this going. there is no set time or head count as of now but it will be happening for sure. Im pretty much just gauging interest. Once i have enough commited trucks, we can all collaborate on the details of the trip but i am shooting for sometime in November. My truck will be sitting out this time around due to the purchase of my new 20 inch rims and tires that costed me $400 a piece . As of right now i know the other brian (Blah1879) and his friends are down, i know a guy thats down and im sure the almighty Steve Bricks is down for another rodeo haha.

POST UP! ready......GO!

2001 F. 150 XLT 5.4 SUPERCREW
7 1/2 Inch Fabtech, 3 Inch Body, Billet Grille, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Projector Headlights, 20" XD Rockstars, 355/60/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, K&N intake, Flow-pro Exhaust, "150" Diff plate with 4.56 Gears in em!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:44 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
If my truck is up and running by then I will be good to go. I have a line on a new job that will basically quadruple my monthly income, so if that happens I will be ready for anything! Should have no problems getting the truck running if I get that job.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Posting Guru

bla1879 has a good reputation on FTE.bla1879 has a good reputation on FTE.
yeah brian and brian are sponsoring another trip to El Mirage (if you dont know what el mirage is...its a dry lake bed out in san bernadino county with mountains around the edge, its very very fun. If you have a sport truck or not the lake bed is harder and smoother than the freeway im not even kidding ask any of us who have been!)! maybe we will make this a Bi-annual so cal event! getdown and i will be staying over night there most likely we will have a nice big fire and plenty of beer! so it should be a good event! If you dont want to stay overnight we can have a bbq for lunch after romping a bit in the desert, then romp some more and camp at night on the edge of the lake bed and have a fun night! so lets hear when people have time around november to make this happen.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
FTE Administrator

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Let's do it.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
i would most likely be up for it if the timing is good...
Old 09-08-2008, 06:02 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
We have a 6 person tent we can throw in the back of the Ranger as well as a couple of sleeping bags, and folding chairs. We also have an ice chest for drinks. Not being a beer drinker, I'll supply my own beverage. May have a friend come along as well.

There is even a possibility of me owning a small motor home by then. It is not a Ford, (Dodge) but the price is right, ($1,000) and it is self contained. Just needs rear brakes. Might rent a tow bar, and tow the Ranger behind it and sleep in it instead of the tent. The new job will keep me busy 3 weeks out of every month, with a 4th week free, so hopefully this will happen during that off week.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Senior User

GETDOWN!!! is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sounds good Nighteyez. like i said, im gonna try to work with everyone on a date that will accomadate everyone or at least the most people. If you happen to know which week you are free, please post up ASAP about it. the more info from everyone the better. heres the "mock list" so far:

1. GETDOWN!!! +1
2. Blah1879 +3?
3. SteveBricks
4. BradyCouchman
5. Nighteyez

if you know anyone else whose down to play in the dirt, invite em. everyone and every vehicle is welcomed. lets make this bigger then the first!

2001 F. 150 XLT 5.4 SUPERCREW
7 1/2 Inch Fabtech, 3 Inch Body, Billet Grille, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Projector Headlights, 20" XD Rockstars, 355/60/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, K&N intake, Flow-pro Exhaust, "150" Diff plate with 4.56 Gears in em!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Elder User

rudedogii is starting off with a positive reputation.
I thought this post was for the time trials. You guys should check them out sometime.
Last time I was there I was surprised buy all the Rat Rods cruising around.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Elder User

verumlike is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.verumlike is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Im down depending on the date.. should be moved down there by then.

GRIFF
F350 CC LB
20''Custom Lift, Big Hoss Prog., 52''Military's, 20''Mazzi Hulks, 2.5 King Piggy Backs, Eclipse Indash DVD, Memphis all around, Atlas Springs, Amp Steps, Custom Interior, 07' Front End, 08' Rear End, Viper Alarm, MBRP 7'' Turbo Back, K&N Intake .etc.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Griff where have you been man? we heard that you might have sold ur truck?
Old 09-23-2008, 05:42 PM
FTE Administrator

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
'Bout time you showed up again!!!
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 09-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Posting Guru

dude griff long time no see man...saw your truck was for sale thought you might not be back!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:40 PM
FTE Administrator

Do you have a date in mind yet, Brian?
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-02-2008, 02:01 AM
Posting Guru

i was thinking early to mid, like around the 8th, i cant go the 15th, so not then! whats everybody think about that? november 8th?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 AM
FTE Administrator

The eighth sounds good to me.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter