Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ac compressor

Old 09-07-2008, 07:59 PM
mcfaddendrafting
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ac compressor

I recharged my ac today to see if the old thing even works the lines were dry and under no pressure when the truck was given to me so I put the 134 stuff in it and its blowing kinda cold but the compressor only runs for seconds at a time and seems to be really hot is this bad Im guessing it should run when the ac is on and it should be a lot cooler than what it is. Any Ideas???

Old 09-07-2008, 09:52 PM
rikard
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the A/C system was completely empty there is a good chance that there is a leak. Also if you did not use a vacuum pump to evacuate the system, moisture will freeze causing the flow of refrigerant to stop. The seals tend to leak on these systems if left empty or open for any length of time.
Find and repair any leaks, replace the drier and orifice tube, evacuate the system with a good vacuum pump and recharge the system with a manifold gauge set. If you don't have these tools seek out a HVAC guy or have a shop do the evacuation and charge.
regards
rikard

Search this Thread