Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Wyoming Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Posting Guru

jimlj has a good reputation on FTE.jimlj has a good reputation on FTE.jimlj has a good reputation on FTE.
Hey Wyoming, did I kill my trees?

I just moved to Evanston from Big Piney. My new to me house has several trees that had been badly neglected and over grown. I don't know what all of them are, but I have some kind of apple, a Canadian choke cherry and several Quakies that I can ID. Two weeks ago the choke cherry got a "hair cut" and last night the quakies met Mr. Chain Saw. All branches below about 6' off the ground are now on the ground. I guess I should have checked on the proper time and method of trimming BEFORE I started but I couldn't stand them any more. I havn't truched the apple tree yet, but I have a few others that are going to get worked on unless someone tells me now is not the time to do it.
Bitter American clinging to his guns and religion.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Posting Guru

mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.
I always trim the trees around our farm this time of year. they should be good
2010 Polaris Ranger RZR-S

Click Here to Join the Wyoming Chapter
Old 09-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Postmaster

MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.
Also if they are trying to die you can buy some tree spikes tree food. They do help some.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Posting Guru

Orin Martin has a good reputation on FTE.Orin Martin has a good reputation on FTE.Orin Martin has a good reputation on FTE.
I would agree that this would be alright, I do mine in the spring when it warms up however just at the time they are starting to show sighns of waking up. I would suggest not to cut too far back into the tree as to exspose too much flesh but if done you can get a paste that will cover nicely and protect against bugs.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Wyoming Chapter