6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

DPF Delete Option???

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:54 PM
B-52
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DPF Delete Option???

H & S Performance

What does everyone think about this?? Getting close to ordering my package and I am pretty much down to Spartan's system.

Would it be a stupid idea to do this delete with an Edge system?? I like being able to adjust the tune on the fly is my only hold back on Spartan's system.

Is anybody running just the delete system like this one??

Old 09-04-2008, 07:49 PM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
All that allows is the removal of the DPF, no real horsepower gains. You would have to buy a tuner anyway to get the HP, so it would end up costing the same.

If you like Spartan get it, because he seems to have the latest tech for the 6.4

Old 09-04-2008, 09:43 PM
sbaset
Junior User
I can't wait until we see more people doing this, so we get a collection of mileage feedbacks from multiple users. It sounds like only a very elite and small handfull of trend setters are doing the deletes.

If my F450 jumps from 12mpg at 60mph to 18-20mpg, I think I would be all over this mod...heck with the warranty.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:33 AM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
Originally Posted by sbaset
I can't wait until we see more people doing this, so we get a collection of mileage feedbacks from multiple users. It sounds like only a very elite and small handfull of trend setters are doing the deletes.

If my F450 jumps from 12mpg at 60mph to 18-20mpg, I think I would be all over this mod...heck with the warranty.
Check out some other forums. There are tons of people with the DPF delete set-ups. It hasn't been talked about much here but in other forums it's pretty much all that's talked about when it comes to Mods.

BTW, if you're looking at a DPF delete don't expect 20 mpg out of a F-450. You're mileage will go up but not 6-8 mpg. If you're getting 12 mpg right now you can expect 14-16 mpg with a DPF delete and quality programmer.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have not been a big fan of the Edge but have never used it personally. I know that the people that knew what they were doing are no longer there. They are the same people that started power hungry performance if you are still interested but they will not do a DPF delete.