1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Sad day, but IT IS ON NOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:04 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Sad day, but IT IS ON NOW!!!!

Well guys a sad day here at the Death Row camp. I finally sold No.3 today. I really hated to see him go. But the new owner is a friend of the DR family and wants to return it to it's previous glory, and wants me to help. So that made me happy. But it sure was hard to watch him drive away. But sometimes you gotta let things go.

So now, on to bigger and better things right? Well, Rockee is coming along nicely and in him, I earned myself my first letter from the Texas environmental group about smoke!!!! I'm framing it. LOL But that's not the news.......

Ryan, 1997F-350 This is for you. I know your out there brother, most likely fighting hard for our country. Your wish is about to come true......Or should I say the curse you gave me.

Next Wed. I'm going to pic up my latest project. It's a 1997 F350 Regular Cab 4x4 dually with a 5 speed!!!!!! Hell yeah!!!! Now it ain't much to look at but I know you guys will see it's potential like I did. The guy says it's got "a bad valve" and he advertized it as a 6.2L diesel. LOL When I talked to him, he admitted not knowing anything about it and that his company just wants him to get rid of it. And the price.......2K obo. WHAT!!!!!!!! You better believe I locked this deal down. And he told me the price is VERY negotiable. I'll give the final low down after the truck is home. But here are some pics. Let me know what you think.

Attached Images    
Old 09-04-2008, 01:34 AM
FARM69
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now thats what I call a fun project!!! Looks like she needs some work, but thats what its all about. Sorry to hear about number 3.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:35 AM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Looks like you have your work cut out for you good luck with the new project!

By the way I seen a box on Ebay for for that truck the other night for dirt cheap it might still be there.

stroke on man!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:01 AM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Any idea what's actually wrong with the new project? Lots of different things you could do with it... have fun!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:07 AM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
Nice steal. definately see potential.
sounds like No. 3 went to a good home.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats Cody! What is your big picture for the new truck?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
I think you should put a standard axle and a bed on it and make sure the basics work. then sell it to me.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:24 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Two Large for any running OBS PSD is a mask-and-a-gun STEAL! Seems like any 4x4 5-speed is hard to find, but a dually to boot. And it's negotiable?

Work? Shoot, it's a chassis-cab ready for a utility box, reefer, what-not. That's not "work", that's "possibilities". Cab's in better shape than most of those of its vintage we saw when shopping recently.

Not surprised the seller didn't know what engine he had. I'm on a Saturn site, and we have fun with "Craigslisters say the darnedest things", selling their Saturns with Toyota engines, 5-speed automatics, new timing belts, all manner of non-existent things.

'Sup with the numbers on the fenders? Did it come from Area 51?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:39 PM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds like a great deal on the chassis cab!

Glad to hear #3 went to someone who will give it new life.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:54 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

WALJON, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. I've already located another bed for it in Dallas as well.

Chase, he said it's got a "burnt valve". I don't know how the hell he came to that conclusion, but okay. I could really care less if it had a rod hanging out of it. I've got two motors in the shop.

William, man you need to quit bullsheeting and get a damn truck already. For Christ sake (sorry tim) you could build the damn things blindfolded as much as you are on here. Get off you azz and apply yourself!!!!!! I swear if you ever get one, the damn thing will probably be so damn fast they'll have to invent a new paint that won't just peel off the damn thing under full boost. (said with a smile man, relax)

Tim, the big picture for the truck.......Well....as far as astetics
Sonic Blue, possibly deck stripes like my mud racer
Cowl hood
Dark azz tint
Factory aluminum mags like Rockee
Mud terrains
4" lift
Single 7" flat cut stack

As far as what I'm gonna do with it I want to use it for sled pulling and keep it on the ragged edge of being able to drive it whenever. So I can at least park Rockee and work on him. He needs lots of work right now, but can't seem to find time to do it, and I don't want to drive someone else's vehicle. Basicly make it kick as much *** as I can afford, and then a fuzz more. LOL

Mad, it was a company truck for a company called Power Engineers. The truck actually came from Colorado........Go figure, same place I got Rockee.

Chis, he did go to a good home. The kid was really excited about owning it because he had seen it before and knows what it's capable of.

In the end, yeah, it's gonna be a ton of work. But anyone who knows me knows 80% of my fun is just building it. Maybe I'll see if my wife will pull a sled with it...... How freekin' hot would that be?

Old 09-04-2008, 06:59 PM
my79f
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
that last comment cracks me up the most!!! haha.

cody for some reason i see this truck as the boys play toy on down the road when they are "old enough to drive" and i think that im looking forward to this project more than i look forward to doing chit to my own truck. mainly because it is pretty much going to be a ground up restoration/build from what you are saying, and projects that get taken on one night dont have to be finished by 7 the following morning. dam this is gonna be fun!!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Epd444
Elder User
Wow man sounds like its gonna be a sweet truck. Post up pics during the buildup!

Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a steal of a deal alright....

Old 09-10-2008, 11:58 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Well guys, my project is a bust.......... I went to San Antonio after I got off work this morning to get it. I got there and looked at it for about 2 minutes and thought to myself, "What's wrong with this picture...." It was a long wheel base. DAMN IT!!!! The pics look like a regular 8ft bed. But it's not, it's the cab and chasis long wheel base. Oh well, I guess the search continues. Sorry for the let down guys.

YES, YES, I know the parts are worth what he wanted for it. Which ended up being $1,300. But I figured I would let it go. Cutting a truck in half and shortening it is not how I wanted to start a sled truck project.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The extra length may help with the pulling. Just put it in a box and send it to me I will put it under my limo. I still want to do the PSD Limo.

What was the wheel base hub to hub?

Quick Reply: Sad day, but IT IS ON NOW!!!!