Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Nominations - Volunteers For Virginia Chapter Leader!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:11 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Exclamation Nominations - Volunteers For Virginia Chapter Leader!

Nominations or Volunteers for Chapter Leader of the great state of Virginia are now open.

Chapter Leader guidelines can be found here,,, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html

Chapter guidelines can be found here,,, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html

All interested members, introduce yourself, where you are located, a little background info.....

Old 09-11-2008, 02:37 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
You all got to be kidding me right?

No one wants to volunteer to lead VA, what's up with that?

Old 09-11-2008, 11:44 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,730 Likes on 1,328 Posts
Like I told you in our PM's, I might be able to be the "temporary" CL...but my plate is overflowing with work and my project vehicles as it is. I can't promise anything, but I guess I could give it a shot until we find someone else...

Just an idea...

Old 09-18-2008, 07:06 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I'd do it....But it was hard for me to keep up with just a section of VA before... And I too are burning the candle at both ends..Trying to get the Ram ready for winter weather...and a new BBF build for the 70 F250....

But if you can hold the position til 2019 when I Retire....I'll accept it !! LOL....

I Nominate GLR (George) he doesnt have anything too do but drive from NY to VA and back every 2 weeks or so... George ya gonna take the job!!

~Russ

Old 09-19-2008, 09:02 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 851 Likes on 769 Posts
Thanks Russ, but, I'm only in Virginia 4-6 months of the year. May not get down there until Dec again this year. George

Old 10-07-2008, 05:30 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by glruff
So RJ why don't you step up a volunteer to be CL?

Well GLruff,

I just dont have the time anymore! Between work and remodeling the house and keeping the 4x4 running and the Hotrod and the fleet of cars here.. I havent even been fishing in 3 years, and thats said...I havent been hunting bow or Firearm in 4 years...

So I think I have too much on my plate as it is.. But Thanks for asking !

RJ

Old 10-12-2008, 05:43 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
How about I ask some other Chapter leaders to post up what they do and then you can all decide if it will fit into your schedules. It's really not that much to do.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
My chapter was so busy this year that we were not able to have a meet up.
Besides the whole "busyness" we didn't even have the cash to make the trip.

Don't make me setup a meet for you guys when I come down there to work this spring. Cause I will do it.

Oh, by the way, if you got sheep, or your neighbor has sheep, or you know somebody who has sheep, Have them give me a call. =) I'm always looking for more work, and I know VA is short on shearers.

CL isn't like a full time job, you just have to be able to post and keep tabs on some members.
I run my member base with my phone basically. I call a random member every day pretty much, not everyday, but most everyday. I check to see what they are up too and let them know whats going on. Get their idea's, check on their projects. Basically, I've made myself a network switch, and I will relay parts and idea's between members, or remind them to check the forums. A lot of my members are really active on FTE, but never check the state forum. So this stuff helps.
I also try and meet up with members if I'm out and about in the state, being as I'm in charge of such a huge state, and my members are everywhere, I can't assign regions. So, I just do what I can, and try and keep everyone interested and let them know that somebody gives a flying F@$&*.

CL isn't like a commitment, but if you don't have time to keep up with normal FTE stuff with your regular forums, I don't think you'd have much time to keep up with the simple tasks involved with being a CL.

I'll gladly answer any more questions.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:08 PM
tenforty_2
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Talyn
My chapter was so busy this year that we were not able to have a meet up.
Besides the whole "busyness" we didn't even have the cash to make the trip.

Don't make me setup a meet for you guys when I come down there to work this spring. Cause I will do it.

Oh, by the way, if you got sheep, or your neighbor has sheep, or you know somebody who has sheep, Have them give me a call. =) I'm always looking for more work, and I know VA is short on shearers.
I wasn't sure where you were going with this sheep thing at first! I was starting to heard up the flock there for a minute.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:56 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Hi Guys,

I'm just across the border in WV so I'm close enough for a call or a visit if you need help.

The job is a volunteer position. The biggest part of the job of the CL is keeping your chapter active. That means watching the posts and if necessary, starting posts to get your folks interested and active. The FTE really likes it when you get your folks together for little meets. Nothing exotic or fancy, sometimes this means just getting together some place to eat and show off the trucks.

Yes it will mean a little time but honestly you can easily get by on half an hour a day if your time is tight.

Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to add more.

Joe

Old 10-13-2008, 07:44 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 306 Likes on 281 Posts
Hi folks,

One other thing that the CL is responsible for and it does not take much time at all is approving or not approving request from possible chapter members. It is real simple to do....... when you become the CL, there is a link under your User CP button, you know the one where you edit your signature, pm's blah, blah blah. for Chapter Memberships. It is as simple as a couple clicks and then post up a welcome thread in the Chapter.

As both Joe and William have mentioned, the time commitment is not that much more than what you already spend on FTE. If you are a regular poster and make yourself visible by posting for other chapter members to contact you, then why not give it a shot.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:51 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I am a chapter leader too... but I have to say unlike the rest of them that mention doing all this organizing, I am just in it for the badge.

(Just kidding)

Old 10-16-2008, 08:33 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Another thing that we CL's do, is recruiting. Occasionally going to the member's list, and pm/emailing members in your state, just to let them know about the chapter. I also do some outside recruiting, using flyers. It really doesn't take a lot of time. Oh, and you'll get to hang out with goofballs like us!!LOL!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Badges...badges....I din get no stinkin badges!

LMAO!

Joe

Old 10-17-2008, 01:07 AM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
George, PM sent. Let me know bud.

Quick Reply: Nominations - Volunteers For Virginia Chapter Leader!