6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

2008 rebates ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 03:12 PM
wi.threebars
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 rebates ?

<TABLE width="100%" border=0 itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD vAlign=top itxtvisited="1">I currently have a 2002 F250 7.3. I am looking at a new 2008 F350CrewCab 6.4. The Dealer indicates a $5500 rebate, plus $1000 finance rebate. Last night while watching TV a commercial indicated $8000 rebate or 0% financing for F150 or Super Duty. I am in 53186 area, I can not seem to find anything that refers to this ad I saw last night. I am looking actively, have found a F350, want to maximize my savings.
wi.threebars
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 09-01-2008, 06:54 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 410 Likes on 272 Posts
You can try www.ford.com and look for the incentives link after you get into the Superduty section. It will ask you for what your zip is and you'll see the Ford customer incentives. In our area they had the $5500, plus $2000 if you finance w/ Ford, plus $1000 for Labor Day (this wasn't on the Ford site tho...). Most dealers around here will go $500 under invoice w/o batting an eye, and even some are going $1500 under. That's a total of $14k - $15k off msrp -- best rebates are on the diesels. There are Factory to Dealer incentives as well on probably most Superduties of around $2k from what I understand (again varies by region, stock and even vehicle's "age" on the lot), and the Dealer Hold Back is approximately 3% of msrp.

That's sounds confusing, but if you can get the invoice price on any truck you're considering, you subtract the 3% of msrp, and then the $2k, and that's when the dealer makes about zero (good place to start). Get your best price w/o incentives and then add (or subtract) them in to the deal -- they'll try to confuse you on this. Take a calculator and take notes and make sure you repeat things back and then write them down -- many times they renig on stuff they've told me while the going is hot.

Many of the current incentives expire in the next day or so, so you want to see what the new programs are before you go in to buy.

Good luck!

Old 09-01-2008, 09:46 PM
JIM_C
Elder User
diesel dan is right on. I was offered 14k off MSRP at a metro Atlanta dealer last week without much of a fight for a F350 SRW crew cab in XLT trim. Tell them about the deals you've seen on the internet recently (especially if they have an internet sales dept.) and that you want the same treatment.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Simoncx
Junior User
You guys must have better dealers, in my area I went to 3 dealers looking for a new diesel all 3 would only do $6500 rebates but then the apr jumped to almost 9%. With out the rebates and low apr they only came down 1k off sticker and would not budge when I told them about some off the internet prices they laughed at me and closed the book.. I ended up getting a new duramax almost $12k below sticker and so far have been very happy with it and the dealer. Too bad the ford dealers wouldn't give a better deal because I was set on a new ford but 2 didn't want too deal at all and one was very rude. This would have been my 3rd ford my company added in 4 years but I guess they don't want my business.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:45 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Simoncx
You guys must have better dealers, in my area I went to 3 dealers looking for a new diesel all 3 would only do $6500 rebates but then the apr jumped to almost 9%. With out the rebates and low apr they only came down 1k off sticker and would not budge when I told them about some off the internet prices they laughed at me and closed the book.. I ended up getting a new duramax almost $12k below sticker and so far have been very happy with it and the dealer. Too bad the ford dealers wouldn't give a better deal because I was set on a new ford but 2 didn't want too deal at all and one was very rude. This would have been my 3rd ford my company added in 4 years but I guess they don't want my business.
Those are some tough dealers you have. Most of the makers had the biggest sales over Labor Day up here. Tho the Dodges are still advertising $16k off before you even negotiate. The Ford factory deals dropped off like you say, to $6500, but the dealers have a lot of room at that price to go further -- it is supply and demand -- I walked away from a $17k off sticker deal on an F450 over Labor Day, but I know a Sales Mgr who was willing to go off of net price and that included a factory to dealer $2k incentive. I had a coupon from Ford for another $3k off, that they wouldn't honor is why I walked. Really needed to hit that $20k off to get me to suck up the loss on the '07.

BTW, that's not a great deal on a durablast either, compared to what's up my way -- you can get $14 to $15k off without breaking a sweat! Maybe you could have gone farther away for a better deal? I went 600 miles for the right price on my '07, which I traded in an '05 durablast on (they were POS's that year)...

Good luck with the chevy...

Old 09-13-2008, 02:48 PM
hduplease
New User
ford vs chevy

i too am a ford man, and did get over 12000 off plus over 15000 of on my 2002 f350 which was rust to death and i opted for commercial rebate and cash, have to make 3 payments to ford and then get a far better rate thru credit union but with the mileage i am getting out of this new pig, to bad i really like the ride but you may have gotten the better deal time will tell

Old 09-13-2008, 03:37 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Don't think any of the new emissions diesels are getting great mpg's compared to each other. In our local horse camp group, we've got 3 folks w/ new 6.7 dodges, us in our 6.0 Ford, another in a 6.4 Ford and 2 with 6.6 dmax's, and one with a 7.3 Ford. All are 4x4 automatics and while we do tow varying weights, the mileage is maybe 2-3 mpg from lowest to highest on each horse camping trip (and no, it's not always the 6.4 on the low end, but sometimes it is). Just the way one driver can drive a truck vs. another in the same truck can make that much difference and more...

Old 09-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Simoncx
Junior User
I wish the dealer were dropped that much here, I went into the 2 dealers on labor day ready to buy on the spot because I needed to add a another truck. The both had the xl trucks I was looking for one was $41k and the dealer would only do $39k and said no lower there not making any money and the other was $40k and they lowered it to $39k. I really wanted the truck but not at that price, and it seemed like they could careless if I walked which I did. The 3rd dealer I didnt even ask because it pissed me off that I was on the lot for 10-15 mins looking at trucks and not one sales man came out of the a/c because it was hot. Fianlly went to the chevy dealer and the sales man knew exactly what trucks they had and took a test drive and got my new truck. I really love my 6.0 ford and wanted another ford but the way the dealers treated me I won't be going back to them any time soon.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Carl Lassiter
Senior User
Originally Posted by Simoncx
I wish the dealer were dropped that much here, I went into the 2 dealers on labor day ready to buy on the spot because I needed to add a another truck. The both had the xl trucks I was looking for one was $41k and the dealer would only do $39k and said no lower there not making any money and the other was $40k and they lowered it to $39k. I really wanted the truck but not at that price, and it seemed like they could careless if I walked which I did. The 3rd dealer I didnt even ask because it pissed me off that I was on the lot for 10-15 mins looking at trucks and not one sales man came out of the a/c because it was hot. Fianlly went to the chevy dealer and the sales man knew exactly what trucks they had and took a test drive and got my new truck. I really love my 6.0 ford and wanted another ford but the way the dealers treated me I won't be going back to them any time soon.
Find another dealer. I was offered a brand new FX4 with $53,100 MSRP for $37k off the bat before I negotiated. I said I'd only pay $33k and I haven't heard back. Bet I get that call sooner or later.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:29 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yah i believe GM is making some crazy deals out there. I tell you one thing they must be cheaper. I went to a farm show near me an man talk about trucks that were non ford. I seen a ton off Dodge diesels cruising around the sale site. There were hardly an new Fords running around at all. Especailly in the exhibit area. Dollars must be talking here. Must be a lot off Ford guys defecting. I havent made the price comprison but there must be a big difference in the price off the pickups. Ford must be still over priced compared to GM an Dodge. I would never give up so easily. I am pretty Ford loyal an have never driven anything else. I would be stubborn an get the deal i wanted before switching brands.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Simoncx
Junior User
The dealers I went to gm was giving alot better deals then dodge or ford. The ford dealers were bascially saying ford cut it's production so if you need one you will have to buy one at our price. I called a friend of mine and he ran into the same thing, he always had gmc's and wanted a new ford f350 but got the same treatment I got and ended up getting another gmc. I'm not too brand loyal but was looking to buy a ford but ended up with a duramax, so far I'm very happy with the duramax and not too happy with the ford dealerships. When it come down to it the same options ford would have been about 10k more.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:02 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
well it is too bad you had to buy another brand, but it is what it is. I've been there and back myself -- tho I have to say the features at the same price back at that time, was hands down a Ford winner over GM. They didn't, and don't offer factory installed running boards or nerf bars (neither does dodge), nor bed rail covers, in a 1 ton SRW the Chevy only had steel 16 inch wheels, 6500 lb rear axle 5k front, 1500 lbs lower bed rating, smaller brakes, etc. That's beside the fact that they are so low to the ground a bowling ball won't go under.

But I digress, I wouldn't own another one, even if it was a lot cheaper than a Ford. I'd own another Dodge (gasp) before another chevy. The ford is just much tougher than both, in my opinion.

Also, as to 150's point, I see the opposite where I go: if it's a big expo type show, sure there are plenty of makes there. If it's one folks drove themselves to, be it auto race event or horse event, it's way more fords than anything else. But that may just be out west...

Old 09-14-2008, 02:21 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good points Dan for sure. Hey if your happy with the Chevy thats all that counts. Chevy was in a dire predicament over Ford. They over produced trucks an had to move them no matter what. Ford seen the lull in truck sales. Cut production accordingly. I was just talking to a friend off mine after I posted before an his brother just got a new Chevy for a fantastic deal lot cheaper the he ever thought. My buddy said I should check it out. He said I should price the Chevy an go to the Ford dealer an show them that price an see if they match it. This brand loyalty thing is probably costing me big bucks. I should be like Simoncx an get a Chevy an save some dollars. But dan makes some great points. Ford has the best truck out there an they know it. Nothing against Ford or Dodge but Ill stick with Ford they have never let me down. They exceed the need.

On another note I was just checking pickup truck sales for the last couple months. You know before GM come out with there rebates an employee pricing. Ford was kicking there but in sales outselling both Chevy an GMC brands combined. That doesnt happen to often really. GM had to step up an fire sale there trucks to move them an its working for them. This blue oval fever i got is costing me. Its not a good sickness.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Simoncx
Junior User
From driving both each has it's good and bad, but so far I am very happy with my chevy. I do have to get the bed rails and step bars which will be about $300-400 depending on the brand. I bought the 2500hd extended cab long bed so the payload is pretty much the same on both and I'm going to put timbrens on it which I would have done to the ford also. But $10k is still $10k when it comes down to it and if ford would have lowered there price I would have another ford in the driveway but the dealerships I visited laughed at the $10-12k off and said you'll never find that kind of deal.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:16 AM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Someone told me that Texas gets most of both Chevy and Ford trucks produced. That's probably why Tommy Vaughn Ford in TX had such a huge blowout on '08s a couple months back -- $20k off sticker until they were all gone. People went there from all over to get that deal... If there aren't that many Fords sent to the east coast, the dealers can stand on their price, since it's low supply -- too bad some of the over supply in other parts of the country couldn't end up there.

Early this year or late last year Ford got a Sr. Manager from Toyota that completely revamped the Ford build model to much more of a tighter build-to-meet-demand, and build customer orders 1st (so I read). My friend that ordered her '08 in Jan got it at the dealership in 5 weeks from order -- and that's including shipping to the west coast! When I bought my '07 in mid-'06, it took 9 weeks for the same process...

Quick Reply: 2008 rebates ?