General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Printer/ Wireless Router Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:33 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Printer/ Wireless Router Issues

I run my desktop and laptop through a wireless router I setup in the house in 2005. Was able to print off both no problem until the hard drive in the desk top died a couple weeks ago; ever since I replaced it, I can't print anything off the laptop. I removed and then re-installed the printers from the laptop, but that didn't help. I asume I have to do something through the router, but Geek Squad hooked all that up for me (and it was worth every penny, IMHO), and I have no idea where to go from here. Geek Squad left info on WEP/WAP key, SSID/network name, work group name, etc... Any suggestions as to where to go from here?

Old 08-30-2008, 08:26 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 1956MarkII
I run my desktop and laptop through a wireless router I setup in the house in 2005. Was able to print off both no problem until the hard drive in the desk top died a couple weeks ago; ever since I replaced it, I can't print anything off the laptop. I removed and then re-installed the printers from the laptop, but that didn't help. I asume I have to do something through the router, but Geek Squad hooked all that up for me (and it was worth every penny, IMHO), and I have no idea where to go from here. Geek Squad left info on WEP/WAP key, SSID/network name, work group name, etc... Any suggestions as to where to go from here?
Is the printer setup directly to the router or is it connected to one of the PC's..

If it is connected to either PC then it was probably setup as a shared printer.

All you need to do is re-establish the share on the PC the printer is connected to..

Let me know which way it is connected for further instructions..