Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Wyoming Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Wyoming Cowboys Football Thread!!

Okay all you Cowboy fans, let's hear how you think the boy in Laramie will do this year!! I wish I could get some of the games here on tv. It's rare to see a game, unless they are playing Nebraska, of course!!

THANK GOD FOR FOOTBALL SEASON!!
Pat W. Nebraska Chapter Leader and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Posting Guru

swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.
swannsa
Looks like another .500 season in my opinion. The big wild card will be our new #1 QB, Dax Crum. Will he be the steady leader we need, or will he be another Karsten Sween (brilliant one game, s**tty the next)?

Woohoo, I'm ready!
'07 Foose Stallion (Mustang GT)

Old 08-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Posting Guru

mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.
I agree with Swann. Never seen Dax play but I have heard some good and some bad things. Heading to the game on saturday. GO POKES!!!
2010 Polaris Ranger RZR-S

Click Here to Join the Wyoming Chapter
Old 08-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
I know Nebraska and Wyoming are trying to work out a deal to play each other. Originally, it was going to be one game in Lincoln, then the other in Denver. But I think Wyoming wanted to change it from Denver to Laramie. Dont' know what will come of that.
Pat W. Nebraska Chapter Leader and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery

Old 08-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Posting Guru

mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.
If the game was in Denver, it would still be a sea of red shirts in the stands. The game needs to be in Laramie. I know its hard to come play in Laramie because the turn out is small. I think if you can get 25,000 people from the smallest populated state where the fans are so spread out, you are doing pretty good.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Postmaster

MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.
Don't do football alot. But do like the pokes.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwvdub View Post
If the game was in Denver, it would still be a sea of red shirts in the stands. The game needs to be in Laramie. I know its hard to come play in Laramie because the turn out is small. I think if you can get 25,000 people from the smallest populated state where the fans are so spread out, you are doing pretty good.
Yeah, there are actually a lot of NU fans in Colorado. There are 2 Husker stores in Estes Park!!LOL! I'm sure the Greenies love that!! I'd love to go to a game in Laramie. Wonder what the stadium capacity is?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nukeford View Post
Yeah, there are actually a lot of NU fans in Colorado. There are 2 Husker stores in Estes Park!!LOL! I'm sure the Greenies love that!! I'd love to go to a game in Laramie. Wonder what the stadium capacity is?
I have a lot of Husker fans in my family. The capacity is 32,580. I went to every home game for 12 years growing up.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwvdub View Post
I have a lot of Husker fans in my family. The capacity is 32,580. I went to every home game for 12 years growing up.

Could be worse Miles.........they could be Colorado fans

If they play in Laramie, I'd like to go to the game. I have a buddy who goes to every game, no matter where, I could catch a ride with him.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Posting Guru

swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.
swannsa
Wyoming is trying like hell to get some big schools to come & visit... hell they got Texas convinced to do it... we had to agree to go to Austin for two games vs. our one, though.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

It's a good pay out for the University for them to go to the big schools. I know Nebraska pays pretty well.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Posting Guru

happy Saturday everyone. Lets all cheer on the pokes to a big victory over Ohio in the season opener.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Posting Guru

swannsa
Holy crap what a squeaker. Ohio played better football today, but some costly penalties gave it away. Gotta give props to Ohio for executing the spread offense almost at will and exposing the weaknesses in the Wyoming defense. An interception really set up the game for the Pokes.

Some questionable officiating, as well as some questionable coaching on both sides of the ball. Dax Crum demonstrated his inexperience on a few occasions, but overall I think he did OK for his first division I start. Rookie cornerbacks were the most obvious weak link on defense, let's hope they tighten up as the season wears on. Hell, they are BROTHERS, so I'm sure they'll help each other figure it out.

Great game, the season has started, 1-0, GO POKES!!! Powder River, let 'er buck!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

Hey Poke fans, congrats on your first win over the fighting Frankies (Frank Solich, former Husker coach) Hopefully they can find their mistakes, and just improve from here!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by swann79 View Post
Holy crap what a squeaker. Ohio played better football today, but some costly penalties gave it away. Gotta give props to Ohio for executing the spread offense almost at will and exposing the weaknesses in the Wyoming defense. An interception really set up the game for the Pokes.

Some questionable officiating, as well as some questionable coaching on both sides of the ball. Dax Crum demonstrated his inexperience on a few occasions, but overall I think he did OK for his first division I start. Rookie cornerbacks were the most obvious weak link on defense, let's hope they tighten up as the season wears on. Hell, they are BROTHERS, so I'm sure they'll help each other figure it out.

Great game, the season has started, 1-0, GO POKES!!! Powder River, let 'er buck!

Pretty much sums up exactly what I thought. Lots of new people in important positions with lots of room to get better. it is going to be an interesting year

Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Wyoming Chapter

Tags
avatar, avatars, bio, cowboy, cowboys, football, ford, forum, karsten, sween, wyo, wyoming