Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Senior User

mejonz is starting off with a positive reputation.
be carefull

I guess somebody was making bio diesel in surprise az and caught thier garage on fire today. the news said some oily rags caught on fire and ignighted fumes from a nearby methanol drum and caused an explosion . nobody was hurt and it only damaged the garage and not the house

the buck doesn't stop here just paueses for a moment on its way to the morgage,car ,electric, water...etc
Old 08-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
A pile of oily rags = spontaneous combustion
Old 08-25-2008, 09:56 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Link to story: Fumes from biodiesel kit cause house explosion in Surprise - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 08-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Senior User

Az.scarecrow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow! Thanks for the info. This location is about 15 min from me.

I have seen rags combust in the past, they were damp with lacquer thinner/stain and the temps soared that day to near 120F. Poof!

Keep them used rags in a metal container WITH a lid. Thanks again for the story.
Autometer 3 pod pillar, AFE 6637 intake & 4" exhaust with muffler delete. DP Tuner from ITP - 40t+80e+140+drive-thru+high idle, JW Valve Body, HPX, OBAnni, CCV Bypass, Foil Delete, AIH Delete, & Ported Turbo Shroud.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Senior User

mejonz is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's not that far from me either I just live off 59th & greenway

the buck doesn't stop here just paueses for a moment on its way to the morgage,car ,electric, water...etc
Old 08-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Postmaster

empiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to all
i've said it over and over. A garage in the suburbs is not a place to be making bio. Ventilation is very important, but more so because of disposing of waste and other byproducts!

you know this is only going to add to the fire (no pun intended) over home bio production. this isn't the first time there has been an incident like this.

Please, do not text & drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwfq7Igvxc

-David
Old 08-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az.scarecrow View Post
I have seen rags combust in the past, they were damp with lacquer thinner/stain and the temps soared that day to near 120F. Poof!

Keep them used rags in a metal container WITH a lid. Thanks again for the story.

Can I have an AMEN
Old 08-25-2008, 06:45 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation

AMEN!

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 08-25-2008, 06:45 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels