Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any good Saawx stuff at the Museum Exhibit? That sounds like a fun day

Old 08-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by mwvdub
I am a little scared to go to the final race in Douglas this year.
Well, I guess we have that in common. I get very nervous every time I go to the track. In fact, before the first race this year I got so nervous I couldn't eat. Lots of things go through your mind when you pull to the line: Will I destroy the engine, will I have a catastrophic chassis failure and crash, will the other guy crash into ME, will I shred a tire and crash, will I drop a fuel line and catch on fire, will I do something stupid and look like an idiot, did I tighten the distributor, what's that noise, am I in first gear? etc, etc, etc....

The good part, as you already know, is all that goes away as soon as the light drops!

Go get 'em.

-Scouder

Old 08-25-2008, 11:12 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Scouder
Well, I guess we have that in common. I get very nervous every time I go to the track. In fact, before the first race this year I got so nervous I couldn't eat. Lots of things go through your mind when you pull to the line: Will I destroy the engine, will I have a catastrophic chassis failure and crash, will the other guy crash into ME, will I shred a tire and crash, will I drop a fuel line and catch on fire, will I do something stupid and look like an idiot, did I tighten the distributor, what's that noise, am I in first gear? etc, etc, etc....

The good part, as you already know, is all that goes away as soon as the light drops!

Go get 'em.

-Scouder
i am not as concerned about the motor we have this year. It is the first motor I have that hasn't had stock rods and crank. Its got some pretty top end parts and runs better every time out. still makes you think twice every time the tach needle is at 6500-6800.

I have kinda developed a little routine to block that mental stuff out. If I get in the truck, put the seat belt on and shut the door so no one can bother me and I can just focus for about a minute before my lap I do a lot better. before this year I had never won a race in Pro. This year, after we got most of the problems worked out I won 3 rounds the first time out. Seems to be working.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:24 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good Morning to all my Wyoming friends! Back to work today, just trying to get myself motivated.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
good morning pat. how are things in Nebraska today? Wyoming is good so far.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:26 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I'm doing better, now that the site finally woke up! Man, I hate it when it gets that slow!

Old 08-26-2008, 01:00 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,091 Likes on 4,180 Posts
Any good Saawx stuff at the Museum Exhibit? That sounds like a fun day

Happy Tuesday Wyoming!!!

Miles...There were some Saawx items...a few hats worn during last years World Series...some uniforms. The exhibit was a travelling Hall of Fame one...had lots of stuff from the meny years of baseball. There was a bat that Babe Ruth used in the '27 season...spikes that Ty Cobb wore...some seats from historic ball parks...bricks from the original Comiskey Park...etc. I wish I had more time to wander around...there was so much to see!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 01:01 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
off to the doctor to get some more x-rays and maybe they will throw in an MRI also.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:03 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Happy Tuesday Wyoming!!!

Miles...There were some Saawx items...a few hats worn during last years World Series...some uniforms. The exhibit was a travelling Hall of Fame one...had lots of stuff from the meny years of baseball. There was a bat that Babe Ruth used in the '27 season...spikes that Ty Cobb wore...some seats from historic ball parks...bricks from the original Comiskey Park...etc. I wish I had more time to wander around...there was so much to see!!!
That sounds like my type of place. I wish I had more time and money to make it down to Denver to watch the Rockies play. The Saawx better shape up or their season might end sooner than they would like.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:53 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
off to the doctor to get some more x-rays and maybe they will throw in an MRI also.
Hey, what happened Miles??

Old 08-26-2008, 02:38 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
I think I herniated a disk which is putting a lot of pressure on my nerve and it makes my leg go numb. then I walk really funny and small children point and laugh

Old 08-26-2008, 02:41 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I think I herniated a disk which is putting a lot of pressure on my nerve and it makes my leg go numb. then I walk really funny and small children point and laugh

Ouch. Hopefully you'll get healed up quick Miles. Oh, BTW, if it makes you feel any better, I'd point and laugh to, so it's not just the small children...

Old 08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,091 Likes on 4,180 Posts
That sounds like my type of place. I wish I had more time and money to make it down to Denver to watch the Rockies play. The Saawx better shape up or their season might end sooner than they would like.

Yeah...they've had an unusual amount of injuries this season. Last year was basically injury free. That...combined with the fact that the Rays are playing great...means that the Saawx are probably playing for the Wild Card.

I gave up going to Saawx games years ago. Tickets...average list price...about $70...parking...$40-$100...hot dogs...$5.00...beer...$8.00...plus...it's about a 2 hour ride!!! Some tickets for Yankees games will sell on EBay for $3000+!!! I'll watch them on the Sony...beer is cheap...no lines at the terlets...and...I can be home seconds after the game ends!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 03:10 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Ouch. Hopefully you'll get healed up quick Miles. Oh, BTW, if it makes you feel any better, I'd point and laugh to, so it's not just the small children...

Should get the results back tomorrow. if not to bad I am going with massage and pain killers. If bad I guess they will want to vaporize the disk with a laser then fuse the vertebrae with a bone graft. sounds

Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Yeah...they've had an unusual amount of injuries this season. Last year was basically injury free. That...combined with the fact that the Rays are playing great...means that the Saawx are probably playing for the Wild Card.

I gave up going to Saawx games years ago. Tickets...average list price...about $70...parking...$40-$100...hot dogs...$5.00...beer...$8.00...plus...it's about a 2 hour ride!!! Some tickets for Yankees games will sell on EBay for $3000+!!! I'll watch them on the Sony...beer is cheap...no lines at the terlets...and...I can be home seconds after the game ends!!!
I have always heard the saawx vs. yankees tickets were crazy expensive. I think you can still rox tickets for $5 in the outfield. the beer is pretty cheap since the make it 30 miles away, the hot dogs are about the same. Parking sucks, at least for me because I am not to familiar. Plus the weather is always weird. I went to a game in early may and it was about 40 degrees and felt like snow. I left in the bottom of the 4th.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:21 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
WOW Miles you lead a sheltered life don't you.

Quick Reply: August Bs Thread...almost Anything Goes!!! Part 2