Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Got rid of Ole Red and picked up Young Grey

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Capbyrd
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got rid of Ole Red and picked up Young Grey

Well, I decided it was time to consolidate my assets and got rid of both me old truck and my mustang.

Here is a picture of my old truck.

And here is my mustang.

Both the mustang and truck were becoming more maintenance than fun and so I decided it was time. Last Saturday, i picked up a 2008 F150 SuperCrew. I got it off the used lot of a local dealership but it only had 4500 miles on it. Below are a couple of pics of the truck sitting on the dealership lot.

I have already peeled the pinstripe and gotten the front windows tinted to match the backs. I also picked up a set of OEM running boards today although I dont want running boards. I really want the nerf bars but i got a great price on the running boards so i couldnt pass it up for now until i can afford the nerf bars.

Right now, the near future plans are to get quite a few oem parts for the truck.

OEM Fender Flares
OEM Chrome Nerf Bars
OEM FX4 Front Bumper (i want fogs and tow hooks dad gummit)
OEM Black Housing Headlights

I also want to get a leveling kit for it so that the front will match the back. In the midst of doing all of the above, I will also be working with my stereo guy to build a nice little system in the truck that is well hidden and "stock" looking but will feature in-dash DVD and Nav.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Blue Bomber
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice truck!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:23 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Capbyrd
but will feature in-dash DVD and Nav.
If you can get a good deal on it go Pioneer. I have had Alpine, Kenwood, and now Pioneer and I enjoy the Pioneer system alot more then the other two. Not to say the other two weren't good, Pioneer just had more umphh.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Capbyrd
Senior User
i used to love alpines but they lost my interest when they dropped back down to 2v preouts. I now use pioneer in all of my single din applications but i love the fact that the new Kenwood double din nav/dvd units are using Garmin navigation. just because of Garmin and the slightly cheaper price, im likely going to be getting a Kenwood and i have friends at a stereo shop that are hooking me up at cost.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:48 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I want the Eclipse unit with the garmin nav unit with it.Its got 8 volt outputs.I need to call my stere shop buddy & see what kind of deal he will give me on it.Eclipse is my favorite brand of car head units.I've won several sound quality contest using a Eclipse head unit. They are one of the cleanest sounding units on the market. BTW thats a great looking truck.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Capbyrd
Senior User
Thanks. Who is your Stereo Shop? Im guessing that you deal with Buddy at Sound Waves since you like eclipse so much.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
Looks like you were at Crossroads. I hope you didn't have to put up with Baxter! He literally ran me off when I was really wanting one of the F250's they had. I got my F350 from an individual for at least $10K less. And it came with a 5th wheel hitch and brake controller. He called me almost every day. I still get emails from him.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Capbyrd
Senior User
nope. never dealt with a baxter. i didnt do too poorly. i tried to get into a new truck but couldnt get into a new one for the same price that i got this one.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:38 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I started using Eclipse before Sound Waves opened.I can't remember the shop name but it was in Bartlet on Kirby Whitten rd just north of 64 highway. I've owned 3 of their competition models that had no amps in them. The last one had 8 volt outputs to really drive a amp good. I never had any problems with them. My last one was bought in 2000 & it was still playing great when I traded the truck it was in last August