Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

SOLD my NINJA 250

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:14 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up SOLD my NINJA 250

Well, yesterday I said goodbye to my Kawasaki Ninja 250. It left for a new home.
I was both glad & sad to see it go. It gave me a lot of great fun times. I got to ride it all over the Camp Verde/Cottonwood area, along with Mohave County. Then had it to the Death Valley area. It served me well here in Northern Nevada both in Elko & here. The guy that bought it lives in Winnemucca but I think it is going to Minnesota to his sister.
My new SV650S is really what I both needed & wanted for the type of riding I'm doing. The Ninja was great for around town & short highway runs, but I'm traveling much more on the freeways & longer distances so I feel much safer with the bigger quicker bike. I have put over a 1000 miles on it in just over a month.
Lovelock is starting to grow on both of us. We're close to both family & friends. The wife loves her new job & they love her as I knew they would. The first question we get is, "Are you guys liking it here"? Small rural towns in Nevada have a hard time getting teachers who want to live in remote areas & stay. One of the reasons I believe they recruited her so hard was because they knew we were both from small remote Nevada towns. I love being five minutes from the desert & nobody but dirt roads to travel. The Black Rock Desert is just north of us. Yet only a little over an hour to Reno.
Just a short update on us
Craig

Old 09-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great to hear you are both doing well! and that you sold the ninja is all the better.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:05 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,134 Posts
sounds like things are working out good for you, it didn't take long to sell to ninja!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:52 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
I was surprised how quickly it sold. I posted on Craigslist & that was a joke so I paid to sell on Ebay & it went with a lot of interest. So I guess you get what you PAY for. Glad to see so much going on here on the Arizona Chapter. Getting new members it's all good. I still want an Arizona Chapter Tee-Shirt, PLEASE, PLEASE, I'll even pay for it in advance if someone will give me a price & when they will be ordered.
Craig

Old 09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
"YOURlist" is a great place to sell things Craig.....I just think your community isn't large enough to get enough local interest going. I've wheeled and dealed TONS of things on YOURLIST.......T-shirts are gone til the next batch....they were a great price, and I'm sure we'll do it again for the next G2G (hint hint Bart)

Old 09-04-2008, 05:05 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by UP_There
"YOURlist" is a great place to sell things Craig.....I just think your community isn't large enough to get enough local interest going. I've wheeled and dealed TONS of things on YOURLIST.......T-shirts are gone til the next batch....they were a great price, and I'm sure we'll do it again for the next G2G (hint hint Bart)
I listed it in the RENO/TAHOE listings & just got a bunch of idiots. Like one guy wanted to know if I'd trade for a TV. One guy made an offer of cash & I excepted his offer then he wanted me to bring it to Reno to show him because he didn't have a license. One guy wanted to know if I would consider a trade for a 03 Yamaha YZ250 I was interested for sure I told him YES & I never heard another word from him. I emailed him 3 times. I also listed it in the SACRAMENTO listings & NO RESPONSE AT ALL. But Ebay sold it & I got CASH for it. Got the price I wanted for it.
I'm glad you have good luck with "my list" I know others that also have, but not me. I think it is great to buy from but selling is, I believe different.
Craig

Old 09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like to check craigslist pets...so many cute pups and kittens!