1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

I need opinions/comments

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 12:28 PM
97 HD
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need opinions/comments

Anyone ever heard of or used this head unit.
Buy the XO Vision 3" In-Dash DVD Receiver and other In-dash mobile video systems at circuitcity.com

I posted this in the audio forum but figured I would get yalls .02$ as well.
Ive never heard of the Brand, but it has features I want and the price is right. I figure I can add the backup camera to help with gooseneck hookups, and the bluetooth feature would make talking and changeing gears easier

Old 08-17-2008, 01:24 PM
scatgo
Posting Guru
I just went to the XO vision web sight and the demo impressed me. Looks like a nice set up and like you said the price is right. And with a 1 year warranty I just might get one next payday. I will let you know how it works out.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:39 PM
97 HD
Elder User
I went ahead and ordered one...should be here Friday

Old 08-18-2008, 01:10 PM
scatgo
Posting Guru
Good luck. Do you have an idea where I can get the tool I am going to need to remove the stock radio?

Old 08-18-2008, 01:35 PM
97 HD
Elder User
walmart sells them ......like 2 bucks
this aint walmart but this is what they look like
Bracketron : Ford Radio Removal Tool

Old 08-18-2008, 01:46 PM
BlueMule
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just about and car audio store should have them, Radio Shack sells them and I think I've seen them at Walmart.

Here's a picture so you know what you're looking for:

Metra universal OEM DIN radio removal tool Car audio reviews - CNET Reviews

Old 08-18-2008, 01:55 PM
BlueMule
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just about and car audio store should have them, Radio Shack sells them and I think I've seen them at Walmart.

Here's a picture so you know what you're looking for:

Metra universal OEM DIN radio removal tool Car audio reviews - CNET Reviews

Old 08-18-2008, 04:06 PM
kawa
Postmaster
OK, This will tell how dang old I am: XO Vision......What is displayed on that little 3" screen?

Is this radio a DVD player? If it is you may want to check your states vehicle code.

Rog

Old 08-18-2008, 05:20 PM
scatgo
Posting Guru
Well you can hook up a small camera, whatever the camera is pointed at will show up on the screen. A play list of downloaded music, it Will play a DVD. Then there is the blue tooth thing when your cell phone rings caller id shows up plus a list of phone numbers. It has a touch screen so you can dial the cell and on and on. If your really into it go to XOVision - Leader in Mobile Entertainment And look at the demo. O yea the blue tooth will let you talk on the cell with out holding it in your hands. I guess the call will come through the radio. A great thing to have when you have a stick shift like me. Did you ever try to smoke a stogy while drinking a coffee while talking on the phone and shift gears at the same time? Gets a Little scary.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:00 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
BTW, that DIN tool set that looks like a couple of killer diva hair-pins -- for those familiar (or not) with Crutchfield, when you buy a stereo head unit from them, you receive all kinds of free schwag to install it. A wiring connector specific to your vehicle (so you DON'T cut the factory connector), an installation kit (frame) for the dash, instructions, etc. Well, for our trucks, they also throw in a pair of those DIN tools.

BTW, can the bluetooth be disabled on that thing, so you're not driving around with a radio station INSIDE your truck?

Old 08-20-2008, 12:16 PM
97 HD
Elder User
I agree Crutchfield is a great place to order from. They do include detailed instructions and installation gear. Their customer service is also excellent. They do not carry this particular unit or I probably would have purchased it from them, depending on price. I already have wiring adapters and installation tools so that is not an issue.

As for disabling the bluetooth I dont know, but will find out shortly mine is scheduled for dilevery today!!

Old 08-20-2008, 01:30 PM
ron86toy
Posting Guru
Looks like a nice unit.....Does anyone know if a 1.5 din will fit our trucks?The one I have been looking at has all the above plus GPS,and is a 1.5 din.If not it is back to searching.....I have been using my laptop for GPS and want to do away with that.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:55 PM
97 HD
Elder User
Nope we are a single DIN. Examples of 1.5 DIN are 98-200? Rangers and Explorers.

I got mine installed.So far I like it. The instructions are written in broken English, kinda hard to understand. I have installed several different units in several different vehicles. This one is no more difficult than any other, but the instructions could confuse a beginner. I'm impressed with the picture quality on the little screen. I connected my digital camera to it (for testing,I dont have a backup cam yet) and the picture was great. Better than the screen on the camera! It does have the brake wire the you need to connect so that you cant watch DVDs unless you are parked. I just connected mine to the ground wire bypassing that feature.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:19 PM
scatgo
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by madpogue

BTW, can the bluetooth be disabled on that thing, so you're not driving around with a radio station INSIDE your truck?
Never had a bluetooth so I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that the bluetooh will pick up other peoples calls???

Old 08-20-2008, 04:57 PM
ron86toy
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by scatgo
Never had a bluetooth so I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that the bluetooh will pick up other peoples calls???
It is like those wireless cell phone earsets.....there is a mic in the face of the radio and the sound will come through the speakers....caller ID will come up on the screen and you can also answer/call out without touching your phone,just the screen on the radio.

Quick Reply: I need opinions/comments