i have posted before about my proccess and fabman informed me i was not getting enough by-product. i am about to process another batch and want to try and get a good batch this time by mixing longer. my first question is if i don't seem to get enough by-product again do i start by just trying to mix longer? i have noticed from the fuel i ran before that it makes my "water in fuel"light come on. when i go to drain it, glycerin comes out. so i am thinking thats all my fuel is needing is more mixing. also does anyone have expirence with purolite, or is magnesol the way to go? i am finding a few people posting that there oil analysis has changed with increase particles when using magnesol. thanks
if your draining glycerol from the fuel seperator, that sound like to me that your reaction is fine your just not letting it settle long enough or perhaps you not washing the fuel enough. all of the leftover glycerol should come out in the wash. most don't believe in water washing but I do and routinely get great quality fuel. it requires a little more time due to the drying process but I always get good fuel with no water. I use two 4x6 solar flow through panels to heat the bio to eliminate the water and a homemade sprayer to atomize the fuel to remove the suspended water.