Good Batch

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 01:39 AM
blkbeast
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Batch

Finally got a good 25gal batch to turn out. Filtered out the magnesol down to 1micron absolute and it looks real good. It just takes forever to filter. For lack of a better set up at the moment, I hung the bag filters over 5gal buckets. Used my siphon pump to pump from my processor into the filter, let the filter drain down some and pumped more into it. Took most of Thursday to get it filtered though all 3 stages (25m, 5m, 1m). I'm going to make sealed filter housings out of pvc, and am considering using a 1/6hp utility/sump pump to pump the fuel through the housings. The pump/impeller have large clearances and I don't think it would shear the magnesol enough to make much of a difference. At the moment I'm using a 1/4hp sump pump to transfer my oil without any problems. Anyone forsee any problems with what I'm considering?

Old 08-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Gun-Driver
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I let it settle over night then pump off the top being careful not to suck up any magnesol in the bottom. You dont have to worry about the shear effect of the pump because its all settled to the bottom. I filter through 1 micron bags right off the bat and can do several batches before the bags clog up.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
that is exactly what i do!