Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
SVO x-country roadtrip!

I'm gonna be heading home next week in my (wifes!) freshly-converted Excursion! It has a Frybrid/V3 system w/38 gal under-truck VO tank. I'm prolly gonna tow a little trailer with a 275gal tote on it. I think I'll have enough VO, but always enjoy meeting other VO'ers and biodiesel'ers as I travel around.

I'm leaving Seattle on Wed, 8/20 and heading S. on I84, east on I80, then I'll jog down to Denver, take I70 east to St. Louis, I64/I24 to Chattanooga and finally back roads to home in N.GA.

Although the Excursion is fresh, I'm not a newbie - my '01 F350 has almost 70k trouble-free miles on a high cholesteral diet (SVO) and has criss-crossed the country draggin' a 5ver for the last couple years. I also have a couple of friends w/ BioPro 190's, so the diesel tank has been B100 for a looong time as well! I've had the pleasure of meeting LOTS of cool folks. Its really interesting how many different kinds of people share this common denominator.

So if your not far from my path and would like to show me how you do things or wanna see my rig, I'd love to stop in for a few minutes on my way thru! Shoot me a PM and we'll make a plan.

Oh yeah, I gotta finish the conversion this weekend! Wish me luck.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Senior User

TchTchr is starting off with a positive reputation.
You'll peel off I - 64 before you get to me. Darn. Love talkin' veg!

Vehicles:

2001 F-250 CC - Vegistroke, many performance goodies - scary fast off the line

1981 Mercedes 300TDT - greasecar conversion, what a highway cruiser!

1963 Chevy II - bone stock - restored (by me), my grandpa bought new, my first car (1980) - my baby
Old 08-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Next project about the end of Sept. No idea where it'll be yet! Maybe catch ya then.

It does look like I'm gonna need some VO. My friend used 50 gals of my dewatered stash for a quick biodiesel batch!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Postmaster

Spreading the aroma of fresh fried food at high altitude yesterday afternoon...
Click the image to open in full size.

The V3 rocks. Did I mention I ran on grease the first time 10 MINUTES before leaving on this 3000 mile trip?

In the middle of Kansas now. 1800 miles and the diesel gauge hasn't moved off FULL. Better get that checked out...
Old 08-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Senior User

willbd is starting off with a positive reputation.
keep us updated on your trip home. Does it feel good not having to stop for fuel?
95 F350 SC PSD Auto 4.10 Pro-Tech Aluminum Flatbed with side boxes AutoMeter Transmission and Boost gauges 6637 Filter mod 160K miles B&M 24K Transmission cooler Diamond Eye stainless steel exhaust 2 tank WVO

Bryan Will
Old 08-24-2008, 09:13 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels