6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Question about the spartan tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:46 PM
GM243
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about the spartan tuner?

I just got my tuner and hooked it up and sent all my info to spartan so they can set my tunes. I just had some questions about the dash daq. In the menu for the gages im not sure how to view exaust temp and boost. Im sure it tells you on the website that you can view them. Does anyone show them on their tuner? If you can help at all it would be cool. Thanks

P.S. i will let all of you know after i get my tunes and start rollin.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
mick1955
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if your DashDaq has the newest firmware update or not. Also you will need the latest config file. This should help. You can get the firmware update and config file from Spartan's Forum. Egrta is egt's, pre-turbo. Mgp is boost. The new config file has the gauges already setup. I'll send you a PM.

You will need an SD card reader if you plan on installing the new config file. You can find the config file on the spartan forum. CDriver uploaded it, look under Troubleshooting and Technical Support,

Updated Firmware. First you have to download the newest firmware. Unzip it and make sure it's where you can find it. Next you will have to connect the DashDaq to your conputer, using the usb

port on the left side of the DashDaq. Whatever you do, DO NOT USE THE CHECK WEB FOR UPDATES BUTTON. It will wipe out your DashDaq. Next use the DashDaq Update Tool to update the firmware.

It's on the cd, or you can download it from Drewtech. When you see the Name, Status, & Serial Number, of your unit, highlight it and click update Firmware. Then you will have to locate the firmware

you just unzipped . Double click on the file and it should update. It will give you an error message on the DashDaq, I think it says boot failure, just ignore it. It will take a around 5 minutes if I

remember correctly. I think Matt also said to reload your stock tune before doing this and then removing the SD card.[/B] You may want to check on this first. I'm sure someone else will chime in on

this. Just hope I didn't forget anything. Send me a PM if you need additional help.

This was written by Pahrump a few weeks ago. It should get you up and running.

Go to Setup

You will see:
a- Generic ODB2
b- Analog Input
c- Analog Input
d-
e-
etc....

Push the d-

Then push Change...its in the middle at the bottom.

Then push Driver. Its at the top.

You will see:

Chrysler
Ford
GM
Generic
Etc

Push FORD

Then push SAVE

Then SAVE again

Then go to the main menu.....push PARAMETERS....push the option that shows up...I think is says 0 or something, then the middle button on the bottom will highlight...push it, and you will see a keypad, push the number "1" then save, and save.

Then to go Signal Scan again..

It will scan the 26 ODB2 things...then it will scan and find like 285 Ford things.

Copied this too. Can't remember who wrote it....

1-Download the new config file, unzip it, and put it in the "transfer" folder
2-Go to the Main menu
3-Click "SetUp"
4-scroll to: install from SD card
5-click on "config file"
6-click install
7-choose "DashDAQ.config"