Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Elder User

FordPickMeUp is starting off with a positive reputation.
why gas prices drop?

I was wondering why do you think the gas prices have droped?they were at a high of $4.38 a gallon here in ct where I am and now i see prices as low as $3.73 a gallon to $3.99 as the high.even though prices are still very high why do you think they droped so much?
Old 08-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
If they keep dropping I will be a happy man
Old 08-13-2008, 08:22 AM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
I think one of the major reasons that the price of crude/gas has dropped is because we have an election coming up!!! You will probably see the prices climb again after that!!!

RIP...Hannah...affectionately known as Cujo...7/7/00-8/9/14.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGKEN View Post
I think one of the major reasons that the price of crude/gas has dropped is because we have an election coming up!!! You will probably see the prices climb again after that!!!

Ken I would say that your 99.8% correct....
Old 08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Post Fiend

Surge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to behold
PowerStrokSurge
Quote:
I would have to agree with Ken
03 Suzuki Intruder VS1400GLP

Old 08-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Elder User

c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just like a lot of factors drove it up, so are a lot driving it down.

Oil prices hit 3-month low on stronger dollar - Oil & energy - MSNBC.com

BK, ye give our good gov't far too much credit. Someone would have to actually know what he was doing to accomplish that. Fact is the US doesn't have as big a hand in the global oil market as it once did, though we're still the biggest consumer.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:34 AM
Postmaster

boxcar1974 has a good reputation on FTE.boxcar1974 has a good reputation on FTE.
A world wide reduction in need, an increasing dollar, and economic slow down is Europe are the main reasons.

They are still $2 too high anyway.

Michael
Old 08-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Post Fiend

Surge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to behold
PowerStrokSurge
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar1974 View Post
A world wide reduction in need, an increasing dollar, and economic slow down is Europe are the main reasons.

They are still $2 too high anyway.
I would agree
03 Suzuki Intruder VS1400GLP

Old 08-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Elder User

FordPickMeUp is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would like to see gas prices drop to $2.00 a gallon but the election has nothing to do with it .The oil companys set the prices not the gov't.heres hoping for $2.00 a gallon hey i can dream.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Postmaster

boxcar1974 has a good reputation on FTE.boxcar1974 has a good reputation on FTE.
I see now the cash and credit prices are back at the pump. I pay with my debit card and it costs 10 cents more/gal.

Michael
Old 08-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Posting Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar1974 View Post
I see now the cash and credit prices are back at the pump. I pay with my debit card and it costs 10 cents more/gal.

I was down at Ingleside Mall today and I noticed that gas was 10 cents cheaper for cash..and 15 cents cheaper then where I live
Old 08-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Moderatee...

NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.NewEnglandHerdsman has a spectacular reputation.
There was an interesting bit on the news (don't remember where) which stated that with retailers competing heavily with each other by chopping their profits down to a bare minimum, when you use a credit card the credit card company makes more on each gallon of gas than the retailer makes.
"90% of the game is half mental.” Yogi Berra
Old 08-18-2008, 03:00 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
I read the same thing...out here there are a few stations with two tiered pricing...a lower price for cash...reflecting the merchant fee charged by the credit card companies.

RIP...Hannah...affectionately known as Cujo...7/7/00-8/9/14.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Postmaster

MC and visa are about 2% of the sale. American express is 5% I believe.

Michael
Old 08-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Posting Legend

Quote:
I read the same thing...out here there are a few stations with two tiered pricing...a lower price for cash...reflecting the merchant fee charged by the credit card companies.

Like Ken told me with my business discounts for cash Yes Yes......
Old 08-18-2008, 05:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter