Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

TigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputation
San Diego Festival of Sail

Hey, So.Cal members! I'll be in San Diego on the weekend of the 23rd/24th of this month attending the Festival of Sail. That's where they they bring in the Tall Ships for a bit of a maritime festival over the course of several days. Here's a link with a little more info:

San Diego Maritime Museum : Festival of Sail 2008

As it happens, I'm a member of a maritime musical group known as the Seadogs and we're booked to perform at the festival, 4:00pm on Saturday and 2:00 pm on Sunday. If you'd like to come down and heckle us, you'd be more than welcome (bring plenty of rotten tomatoes! No, not really...we're darn good!)

It'd be fun to meet some of you southern folks, and the festival is really a good time. It only happens once every 3 years, so the next one won't be till 2011...so c'mon down!

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Pending any emergency, I will be there sir!

I will bring as much rotten fruit I can find!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Hmmmm.......

That sounds like a good way to spend a Saturday .

Might have to tune up the spud gun.....
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 08-11-2008, 06:29 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Sounds like a fun way to spend a day. The ships are in San Pedro this weekend, for anyone who would like to see them but can't make the San Diego event. Of course you won't get to see TigerDan perform.

I am involved with two clubs that are sending volunteers to work the San Pedro event. Alas, I won't be part of it.

Los Angeles Maritime Festival - Home Page

The whole event is well worth the time spent. Thanks for the heads up Dan.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 08-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

TigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB Adrian View Post
Pending any emergency, I will be there sir!

I will bring as much rotten fruit I can find!
You Cuz, of course, will be required to come up on stage and sing "South Australia" with us...

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerDan View Post
You Cuz, of course, will be required to come up on stage and sing "South Australia" with us...

This I gotta see......

(Note: Need for additional rotted fruit)
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 08-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
Well, I forgot the rotten fruit, but here are some photos for everyone else to share!
Stars and stripes:
Click the image to open in full size.

A tall ship (the Star of India)

Another:

Here are "the dogs", and "our" Dan there on the gee-tar
Old 08-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

Looks like a good time!

Were you compelled to join in song?
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 08-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Post Fiend

Fortunately (for everyone else's ears) I was not
Old 08-26-2008, 01:57 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter