Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 10:52 PM
noliesdog
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Help Please

hello,
i just got a f250 v10 triton (2005) 2WD and i am looking for performance parts.... just for the extra kick I have already installed a magnaflow exhaust and it has a towing transmission (stock)...... does ford even make superchargers for this model? ive been looking around and all im getting is computer chips and im not to keen on them. ( because ive never used them). any sugestions on ANY "bolt on " upgrades ? thanks guys !

Old 08-09-2008, 11:56 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Kenne Bell and Whipple make roots/screw style superchargers. You might find a centrifugal, but I wouldn't bother since roots/screws are available. They usually come with their own special tuning, so if this is in the immediate future, I wouldn't buy a tuner.

If it's not, then I would do a cold air and then a tuner. I like K&N and Sniper tuning, I've had the best luck with them. AFE, Volant, Truflow, Airaid, and a host of others are good, but parts per price K&N is hard to best.

Another good supporting mod would be headers nice, again there should be several choice manufactures such as gibson and Banks. There are also junk out there, so be prepared to pay at least $500 for a set of headers.

Once you have intake, exhaust and computer taken care of, it's time to look at your drive line. There are enhancements to be made in the transmission. I don't know what's available for your transmission, but kits typically contain a reamer to open up some hole, new valves and various toys, some kits are pre-assembled as a complete valve body. Then I would do gears, leaving the torque converter for last.

Pretty much after that, your out of bolt ons. Then it's time to get into the engine.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:00 AM
noliesdog
New User
thanks for the tips