6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Regen

Old 08-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Bowstring
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regen

Don't have the newest flash, theres probally other signs but the only way I can tell is when I put in park the rpm's will jump up to 1000. Last nite I came home and put in park and it was regening so I shut it down then this morning I did some lite hauling for a hour or so and when I came back and put in park it was in regen again. Does it hurt to shut it down? Im working on the dealer to get the new flash.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Bigskyduty
Junior User
I was told by my dealer and others here have stated that it wont hurt anything to shut it down while in regen, and it will just pick up where it left off when the truck gets warmed up again. However, If it happens to me and I have time I will head back out down the road to let it finish. Seems to always happen when I arrive home for some reason.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:35 PM
sledhead_24_7
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bowstring
Don't have the newest flash, theres probally other signs but the only way I can tell is when I put in park the rpm's will jump up to 1000. Last nite I came home and put in park and it was regening so I shut it down then this morning I did some lite hauling for a hour or so and when I came back and put in park it was in regen again. Does it hurt to shut it down? Im working on the dealer to get the new flash.

well it sure could hurt the truck. with the EGT's being around 1100 - 1200 degrees at the DPF during a regen, that puts the EGT's at the turbo a lot hotter, closer to 1400-1500 degrees. on all of the older trucks you want to let the exhaust cool down so you don't burn the oil trapped in turbo bearings at shut down. I personally let mine finish regen every time i can so as to not fry the turbo or something else especially since ford is being bugger about warranting things in the first place. just my thoughts on the matter

Old 08-11-2008, 10:50 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

In regen the truck will never exceed 1300 degrees at the manifold. This is a fact. I have monitered mine at regen thru the EGR Inlet temp sensor which is within 3 inches of the manifold. I would let it run the cycle and cool off before i turn it off. Also, try to get the newest flash so you dont have to deal with the regen at idle.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Bowstring
Senior User
Talked to service dept. yesterday, I go in wednsday for the new flash.

Search this Thread