hi all i have a f250 superduty super crew with 5.4 engine i tried the 8 times key on off and the truck does go into program mode the doors don't lock on 8th turn did it alot off times nothing any help please thanks
this is from my 08 manual.
1. shut all doors and unlock electronically
2. put key in ignition
3. cycle 8 times rapidly (within 10 seconds) from position 1 (off) on the ignition to position 3 (on) Note: the 8th turn must end with the 3 (on) position. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm programming is activated.
4. Within 20 seconds press any button on key fob. Note: if longer than 20 seconds you will need to repeat previous steps.
5. Repeat step for for each key fob.
6. turn ignition to off position after you have programmed all key fobs. The doors will then lock and unlock to confirm.
7. good luck
Are you sure you have that option on your truck? Did it come with the keyfob remote? or are you just trying to add one, if so, you may not have the built-in components. Or batteries dead in remote, maybe.
the guy that sold it said the key fob didn't work and got one from another truck and said i would have to program it and how would i know if it has the option it is a 2005 xl f250 4x4 super crew power windows lock mirrors etc
I checked the 2005 MY-F250 PDF I have that shows all the standard and optional equipment on all models for 2005 and the key fob remote was only available on the XLT (optional) and Lariat and up models (standard) with the Advanced Security Group (60F) and that comes with the keypad entry on the outside of the door.
Your XL has the Power Equipment Group (903) and that didn't come with the key fob entry from the factory.
So, unless your truck was upgraded or special ordered with a key fob entry which was the Advanced Security Group (and Ford says that wasn't an option on the XL) it looks like the guy that sold it to you is full of crap.
Do you have the numeric keypad on the side of the door? If not then you don't have remote keyless entry (the keypad was included in the remote keyless entry option from 05-up).
Sounds like WildWest found something saying you couldn't get the option on XL trucks though, so he is probably right. I just wanted to add this information so you could be sure, and others finding this thread in a search would know.