2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Power Windows Slow plus...

Old 03-23-2008, 05:34 PM
D-Rock
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Windows Slow plus...

Hey all - '07 Expy...still low miles (6k)...traded up from an '01 Mountaineer and I love it...used to frequent the Exploder forums here.

That said, a few minor things that I have noticed outside of aleady existing topics here and I'm looking for input or experiences. (it should be noted, that I am taking it in for a bunch of this stuff, so I'll update as I get more info)

When I roll up more than one window at at time, the speed of of roll up becomes ridiculous - like 15-20 seconds. This is with the engine running, while driving, with engine off....doesn't matter. Very slow if you pull more than on switch. Odd.

Rear glass closes very hard...check for missing rubber stops, but everything appears to be in place. Anyone else seen this?

Also need the tranny reflash, which they will do, so not much more that what has been said.

Any thoughts?

Old 03-24-2008, 11:34 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I roll up more than one it gets slower, I have not timed it, but I will. I took mine back for the rear glass requiring too much pressure to shut, they said they adjusted something, but it's the same.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Newton007
Senior User
I never noticed the window speed. You will have to take it in to have the door handles fixed on warranty (recall). As far as the transmission reflash goes, good luck, see the transmission problems thread.
The transmission is a weak point and seems to problem prone.
At least the 07 engine and drive train (except transmission) brakes, steering and all seems to be working OK at 5600 miles.
No rattles, shakes or other wind noise. (yet)
The passenger door Expedition badge is falling off.
I had to paint the guage red indicators white, so I can see them in the day.
The front licence plate bracket will fall off unless you use some big long sheet metal screws to hold it on with.
The heating and cooling controls work, but have a mind of their own at times and will turn on the AC compressor in very cold weather if you don't watch it real close.

All and all I would say that my EB 4X4 07 is "OK" but that's about it.
A few good points: Great sound system.
A lot of power.
Would I buy another one?
Don't know.
I would read all these posts to get an idea what to look out for and there are some good people here that can help on those difficult problems. Everyone here has really helped me out a lot already.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:07 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Measured the window speed. All idleing with A/C on. One front window. 4 seconds to close from full open. Two windows-5 seconds. 4 windows, 5 seconds.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:11 PM
PMarch
Freshman User
I had the same problem on my car, not my truck. But a few weeks later, the battery died.
I was at the dealer when it died and I asked them about the windows. They said. It is the first sign that your battery is getting weak.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Paul

Old 03-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Baumbach
Junior User
Try it with the engine off, roll all windows up and down a few times and they will come to a stop, they work much better with the engine on, but I still had my back left windows so darn slow, the dealer replaced it under warranty

Originally Posted by berry1234
Measured the window speed. All idleing with A/C on. One front window. 4 seconds to close from full open. Two windows-5 seconds. 4 windows, 5 seconds.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:57 PM
cjgeorge32
Junior User
Small Problems

I would like to start this new thread by saying I LOVE MY 2007 Expy Limited EL. I am on my 4<SUP>th</SUP> Expedition. However my Expy has been in the shop 4 times….I have had it since June 2007 and I have 9,000 miles on it…

Problems:

1. You all know this problem I have in this thread I started a couple of months back..

2007 Chrome Clad Rims...Outraged!!
<O

2. The strut on the motorized liftgate was making a horrible screeching sound going up and down…Problem fixed with a replacement strut.

3. Driver side mirror was very loose….Problem fixed with a replacement mirror.

4. A wind storm was coming through the driver side window at speeds in excess of 40 MPH…..Problem fixed with a replacement of the felt-like molding on the inside of the window.

5. the heated and cooled seats buttons on the AC cluster will not light up and therefore the seat will not heat or cool. The passenger side works fine. …Problem not fixed yet…

6. Also, the leather on the driver seat is wearing much faster than my previous Expy’s.

7. When I put the truck in reverse and I apply the breaks to stop I sometimes hear a “thud” coming from what I think is the rear brakes. I does not do it all the time. The “thud” ranges from very loud, to where I think I have hit something, to very quiet.

My rear windows are also very slow...

I hope this helps some of you with similar issues….

<O

Old 08-08-2008, 03:39 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Originally Posted by D-Rock
Hey all - '07 Expy...still low miles (6k)...traded up from an '01 Mountaineer and I love it...used to frequent the Exploder forums here.

That said, a few minor things that I have noticed outside of aleady existing topics here and I'm looking for input or experiences. (it should be noted, that I am taking it in for a bunch of this stuff, so I'll update as I get more info)

When I roll up more than one window at at time, the speed of of roll up becomes ridiculous - like 15-20 seconds. This is with the engine running, while driving, with engine off....doesn't matter. Very slow if you pull more than on switch. Odd.

Rear glass closes very hard...check for missing rubber stops, but everything appears to be in place. Anyone else seen this?

Also need the tranny reflash, which they will do, so not much more that what has been said.

Any thoughts?

Just took mine in for this on a back window. They replaced the motor and regulator. Now it flies!

Old 08-09-2008, 03:39 AM
andry
New User
i suspect to the motor.

open 3 or 4 windows (the same time) slower than open 1 window, it is normal....(my car too).