6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

looking for a new superduty!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:44 AM
EricHB
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face looking for a new superduty!

so i went shopping for a new 6.4 today...have my eye on a black 2008 6.4 SRW crew cab FX4. the interior's pretty basic besides leather interior. no navi, or premium sound system. it does have the 20' wheels which doesn't really matter to me because they'll be comig off anyway.

so the msrp is 49,900. the ford employee discount ended yesterday but they are willing to honor it which brings the msrp down to 41,859 + tax and licensing which would bring the OTD price to roughly 46000. ater 3 hrs of wheeling and dealing i got them down to 42,784 out the door. does this sound like a good deal? i know these trucks arent selling right now and was wondering if i could possibly get it a cheaper price.

also has anyone heard any info regarding the 09's? any changes? would appreciate any help. thanks!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 AM
George C
Cargo Master
Received 504 Likes on 294 Posts
How is there any "wheeling and dealing" on Employee Pricing?
It's rock solid "A" plan pricing. It is what it is, and it shouldn't be negotiable. I would walk after being insulted like that. There are a million new Superdutys out there, and it's a buyers market....
Tell your next dealer you want to see the "A" plan number on the invoice..

If the truck stickered for 49K, you should be in the 30s after rebates, not the 40s.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 AM
dzldude
Senior User
good luck with truck.post pics when you get it.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:40 AM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by George C
How is there any "wheeling and dealing" on Employee Pricing?
It's rock solid "A" plan pricing. It is what it is, and it shouldn't be negotiable. I would walk after being insulted like that. There are a million new Superdutys out there, and it's a buyers market....
Tell your next dealer you want to see the "A" plan number on the invoice..

If the truck stickered for 49K, you should be in the 30s after rebates, not the 40s.
True A-Plan and the employee pricing program are different programs with different rules. True A-Plan is a set price with no negotiating. The employee pricing program only stated that they could not sell the vehicle at a price higher then A-Plan...

Old 08-06-2008, 12:45 PM
caprang
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealers can still make deals on employee pricing or A-plan pricing. Its against A-plan rules to discount via cash incentives but a dealer can opt to install a bed liner or something like that for no charge. They take it out of their hold back money. Yes that is a real term. Every dealer earns hold back money for every vehicle. The hold back money is designed to pay for advertising, that full tank of gas you got, payinf the dealer employees to prep it, clean it, etc to have it ready for you but when times are tough dealers can use this money to make the sale in hopes of getting it back through the service department later.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:51 PM
caprang
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rebates vary by your geographical region so its hard to say exactly how they were structuring your deal. they might have been using rebates or they might have tapped from some other area. However, $41k sounds about right for A-plan pricing on a $49k truck.

Also, its not uncommon for a dealer to lose money on a deal every now and then in order to meet a quota. Sometimes Ford runs contests like - sell at least 100 F150's and earn an additional $200 per vehicle. Thats a $20k swing compared to only selling 99 F150's so they might lose $2,000 to sell you that 100th truck for the month. This is just an example so dont go to the dealer asking how many trucks they have sold for the month. LOL

Old 08-06-2008, 01:01 PM
jshumadine
Junior User
Your best bet is to buy a used 08 with low mileage from a cry baby who is selling/trading it in due to the MPG complaints and you could probably land one in the low to mid 30K range due to low truck sales/trade in currently due to gas mileage and diesel prices. Do your research and you should be fine. These trucks kick A$$, they just don't get hybrid mileage like most think they should. My Lariat had a sticker for 53K and I bought it for 46K including a spray in bed liner first week in January which makes me think you can get an FX4 for under 40K if you play it right.

Good luck.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:36 PM
yukondiesel
Senior User
I see your in Ca. and the markets are regional, but check out this NJ deal
2008 Ford Super Duty F-250 4 Dr. Extended Cab Black Clearcoat Super Cab Pickup 4X4. A Ford Super Duty F-250 at Jim Salerno Pontiac Buick GMC Randolph NJ.

I also bought my new F-350 Lariat crewcab; moon-roof 20" wheels etc about 5 weeks ago: 51+K, list for 41k plus tax. Deals are out there, but they are probably about as good as they are going to get, given all the domestic manufactures are shrinking their production for this type of vehicle. Less supply=higher prices. Good luck...Joe

Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 PM
sbaset
Junior User
I was going to start a new thread, but will jump in here instead.

I am about to pull the trigger on an F450 Lariant and loaded with options. MSRP of $55K, and dealer said $44,200
Another dealer has one MSRP at $57.8K and let i go for $47,000

I am still kicking myself, every time I see that thread of 19K off MSRP on SD's.

I'd like to know what would quality is a fair deal, and also what would qualify as a STEAL.