CHAPTER LEADER GUIDELINES (Revised & Restated August 1, 2008)
Chapter Leader Guidelines
1. Conflict of Interest: An FTE Chapter Leader may not hold the position of Moderator, Chapter Leader, or any other official title on another Ford truck site.
2. Leader Responsibilities: The Chapter Leader is responsible for seeking out new Chapter members on the FTE forums, overseeing the organization of events, meetings and gatherings, facilitating chapter growth and promoting the chapter on FTE. A chapter leader may delegate one or more of these tasks to chapter members.
3. FTE Rights: FTE reserves the right to approve Chapter Leader nominee's for each chapter, and to remove a Chapter Leader when it is in the best interest of the chapter.
4. Meets & Gatherings: For Chapters with membership "pockets" or large geographical areas, "Districts" or "Divisions" may be created within the Chapter to facilitate gatherings or events.
5. Approving and Revoking Chapter Memberships: Chapter membership applications will be accepted at the Chapter Leader's discretion with consideration given to that chapter's geographic boundaries, and the applicant's place of residence.
Chapter Leaders and FTE staff reserve the right to revoke a Chapter membership at their discretion.
6. Chapter Leader Tips and Tools: FTE provides the following tools for use by the Chapter Leader:
There are separate forums for each state/province along with a Chapter Leader discussion forum.
Regional Chapters Moderators are available to help the Chapter Leader to manage chapter threads, posts and problems. If a Regional Moderator is unavailable, there is always a Super Moderator or Administrator online to assist you.
The Chapter Leader approves or denies new members. They also have the option to remove a member from their chapter if they feel it is in the best interest of the Chapter.
The Chapter Leader has access to a list of members who have joined their state/province chapter.
Although PM & email functions are available to all FTE members, they can be an effective tool since they can be utilized without leaving the FTE site.
FTE’s “Members List” can be sorted by state/province for searching for potential chapter members.
"Spotter Cards" are available and may be "tailored" to fit your respective chapter. Spotter Cards are mini FTE flyers/handouts.
For special circumstances, you can request that an Administrator send a Broadcast PM to your Chapter Members.
Buddy lists can be created to track the online status of members, Moderators and Administrators. This makes it easy to communicate almost in real time with someone you need to contact.
You can have important threads "sticky’d" to keep it at the top of the forum, and easily seen.
Photobucket is not available through FTE, but works very well for creating a chapter photo gallery. If you choose to use one, you can give the password and username, and thus ability to post pictures, to more than one member and delegating the task of the gallery maintenance to another member(s).
Web space is available for the chapters that want it.
7. Sales, Solicitation & Recruiting: Use of Chapter Member list for solicitation or sales in any form, or for any reason not related to FTE is prohibited.
8. Images and Logos: Any images, logos or printed material used to identify or promote your chapter must first be approved by FTE staff.
9. Read First Threads(Stickies): At the request of the Chapter Leader, chapter threads can be stuck to the top of the chapter forum. Requests to stick and unstick should be sent to the Regional Chapters Moderators. The number of Read First threads stickied to the top of the chapter forum should not exceed 5 threads. One of the five stuck threads will be the chapter Buy/Sell/Trade Ads. Try to keep the stuck threads to topics of current interest/importance for the chapter members.
10. Communication & Confidentiality: The Chapter Leader Discussion forum is for confidential communication between Chapter Leaders, Moderators, Super Moderators, FTE staff and IB Staff on matters relating to the Chapter Leader position and all chapter affairs related directly to the administration and operation of FTE.
11. Chapter Membership Fees: A Chapter leader may solicit voluntary donations from members to cover any Chapter expenses. Chapter members are not obligated to pay fees or "dues" as a condition of membership.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.