The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Driving

Old 04-08-2008, 12:25 AM
rmalottwtes30
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving

Whats your states laws with getting your first drivers license? In Ohio you must by 15.5 and have 30 hours drive time and must have your temps for 6 months before you get you license, then you must take a maneuverability in the car then go on the road and hope you pass. I hated doing it back when I got mine because it was a tight fit in between the cones for the maneuverability. So what all must one do in your state to get a driver license?

Old 04-08-2008, 01:28 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought they changed it in ohio?

Old 04-08-2008, 01:53 PM
rmalottwtes30
Posting Guru
I think all they changed was having passengers in the vehicles between certain ages, but I don't know don't affect me.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:18 PM
PowerStroker?
Senior User
CT is 16 to get your permit. Then there's a crapload of restrictions on how many people you can have in the car once you have your license and there's a curfew of midnight and all sorts of nonsense like that. Because a few idiots in their ricers have gotten themselves killed the governor is trying to change the laws, but hopefully she won't get that done before September this year.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
gnwalker
Elder User
In WV you can get your permit at 15 and I believe you have to have so many hours of supervised driving that you have to keep a record of until you turn 16 and can get your license. Then there's a curfew of 11 or 12 at night until your 18

Old 04-08-2008, 10:18 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
I thought it was 16 in ohio?

Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 PM
rmalottwtes30
Posting Guru
I do believe its still 15.5 to get your temps, and you must hold them for a minimum of 6 months.

I want to know what your state makes you do to get your actual driving license to drive on your own? In Ohio you must pass a maneuverability which means you drive left and to the right of cones forward and reverse, and pass the on the road part.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Ryan, I live in clevealnd ohio.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:28 PM
RangerJustin
Senior User
california...permit at 15, take a written test, 30 ?s, cant miss more than 7, must have minimum of 6 months with permit, 6 hours of behind the wheel with certified instructor, and then 30 other hours with someone else in the car. then driving test, cant miss more than 25 points or something...i only missed 2 so i didnt care...

then when you get your license, it was 6 months but i think they bumped it to a year with no one under the age of 25 in your car while you drive. cant be driving between the hours of midnight and 5 AM as well...some things might have also changed...that was 8 years ago...

Old 04-10-2008, 02:24 PM
64shrtbed
Senior User
In FL you can get your learners permit when your 15 and get your lisense a year from that date. It does not matter how many hours driving time you have had on your permit when you go to take your driving test. The lisense test is very easy. No parallel parking! The hardest thing is just making a 3 point turn.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:34 PM
guitar_demon
Junior User
in maine;
have to be at least 16, have permit for 6 months with 35 hours (5 have to be night time)
after you get your permit if your under 18 you cant have passengers, be out after 11pm(? 12 maybe) and you cant be using your cell phone in car. also, if you get any sort of ticket (parking, speeding doesnt matter) within the first 2 years of having your liscence theyll take it away for 30 days

driving test, you go out and drive for like 5-10 minutes and come back

Old 04-10-2008, 07:32 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
Wow sounds like I got it easy down here in Arky... take a written test at 14 to get permit. Must have licensed driver as passenger. Can take driving part (which is down the road and back) after 30 days or so (cant remember for sure) of a permit. (Just to get it out of the way). After 6 months of a permit you can apply for a hardship which is driving to school and work. Then at 16 you get your license.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Fordenthusiasts
Tuned
Here in Kansas is similar to that in Arkansas. At 14 you must pass the written test to get learner's permit. You can get a farmer's permit right after your learner's. A farm permit allows you to drive to and from school and anything farm related, but you must be 14 and live or work on a farm with more than 20 acres. At age 15 you can get a restricted license which allows you to drive to and from school and work, and you must have driven 20 hours with an adult over 18. By the age of 16 you can get the regular unrestricted license after completing 50 hours of supervised driving with 10 of those at night, and have completed either driver's ed, or a driving test, AND you must have had a restricted or farmer's permit for 6 months before you can get it.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:34 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
Almost the same without all the hours part. How do they keep track of that anyways?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:07 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Wow sounds like I got it easy down here in Arky... take a written test at 14 to get permit. Must have licensed driver as passenger. Can take driving part (which is down the road and back) after 30 days or so (cant remember for sure) of a permit. (Just to get it out of the way). After 6 months of a permit you can apply for a hardship which is driving to school and work. Then at 16 you get your license.
Sounds exactly like the way it is up here in Iowa too. Permit at 14, and license at 16. You can get a school permit after 6 months of ticket free driving with the permit.

I took drivers ed at 14, and got my license at 16. I drove with the drivers ed instructor for 6 hours and passed the written test with a perfect score. My dad signed a paper saying I'd had 10 hours driving experience with him, i took the dmv eye test and got my license, didn't even have to drive with a trooper.

It's way to easy to get a license up here. To many idiot kids that don't have a clue out on the roads.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driving