Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Whats going on this month?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Blue Bomber
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats going on this month?

what are people doing. im just gonna keep cleaning up my truck. i hope to get all the vacuum lines replaced before winter and maybe a radiator flush too.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Blue Bomber
Elder User
what? nobody is doing anything?? i find that hard to belive.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Blue Bomber
Elder User
im glad you found some spots to wheel. post some pics of the parades when you get time.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:56 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a deer hunt planned Oct 25 in northwest Louisiana.I have 700 acres of hardwoods on my families farm. I will have it to myself & a couple of close friends. I have box stands in many good deer crossings & feeding areas. They love my white oaks.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'BULLFROG' is getting some long put-off maintenance. I grabbed a 1978 F100 starter relay (OFF THE SHELF at Advance auto. IE: New...) to replace the original Crapsman one, got a fuel shutoff valve to put inline with the carb, new blades are coming tomorrow, and for rear tires I decided on paddles instead of turf-savers. I'm sick of spinning wheels on some of the inclines around the yard!

It's a difference of $59 each and $64 each, although the $59 tires are pre-mounted on new rims.

This machine gets stranger every year...

G-II is coming closer to the final rip-down. I wonder when I'll be able to send the windsor block off to be done. Switching the leaf mounts on the LS axle hasn't happened yet - even though I have a standing invite from a neighbor to use his plasma cutter and welders. Something is up with the front brakes, and I didn't want to mess with it in the rain. It has to be turned around and moved to pull the engine and tranny, but the front brakes feel like they're locked up.

I noticed also that the guy I got it from robbed out all of the shocks. That made me feel a lot better - at least there is someone more LOW BUDGET than I am!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
The BULLFROG project just got deeper - the deck is rusted out. I'm going to pull it and weld in a steel plate.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Blue Bomber
Elder User
pics???????

Old 10-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Not much to see until the "SUPER LUG" rear tires come in next week.

I got tired (no pun intended) of sliding down hills I meant to be going up. A tractor should have tractor tires, mine will. "TURF SAVERS" are for golf carts, not something intended to do a job. They are about eleven bucks more expensive each, and last longer.

Be careful if you install a ford truck starter relay too - it pulls a lot of current on the key switch and can smoke the wires if you aren't watching it.

Cheese - Bullfrog is becoming a piece of work...

Old 10-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
what is bullfrog? Is that the mower I sen pictures of you riding a wheele on.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:28 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
(You know you bought a cool truck when men just walk up to it and stare at it, and women simply have a confused look on their faces and ask "why?")

You know you have a good wife when she loves your big truck & refuses to let you sell it & get a smaller one.My wife has a fit every time I talk about selling my F250 & getting a 1/2 ton.She is a keeper. I love her & that big old truck

Old 10-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Yeah - that's my "Froggie".

Fifteen horse Kohler, and a six speed axle, governor no longer in the picture...

But what is worse - off to the side I have an old Murray with an eighteen horse briggs twin that I have always had seriously evil intentions towards...
It needs a starter to begin with though. That's a hundred cash just getting in the door.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by lariat97
(You know you bought a cool truck when men just walk up to it and stare at it, and women simply have a confused look on their faces and ask "why?")

You know you have a good wife when she loves your big truck & refuses to let you sell it & get a smaller one.My wife has a fit every time I talk about selling my F250 & getting a 1/2 ton.She is a keeper. I love her & that big old truck
Ever thought about hunting for a nice Ranger to drive as a second truck?

There are some nice ones out there, and I swear you can hotrod them to hell and back! I honestly believe a well setup Ranger can dust off a mustang.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:59 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I'd need a 1/2 ton to pull my trailer. It would work a ranger to death to tow my trailer with all the tools I have in it.I may buy a used f150 to keep the miles off my F250. I can buy a good used truck cheap around Memphis. I lock my trailer on the base all week so I don't tow it every day.The Navy housing job is a swamp. I need a 4x4 to get to the houses. They built the houses before the streets,gas lines & the underground electric lines were put in. I may put my 4 wheeler in the truck to use to carry my tools from the paved streets to the houses in the mud holes.It would sure beat toting them by hand. I could carry both miter saws in one trip. We were toting them a block by hand through 6 inch deep mud last week so I know the 4 wheeler would save time & effort.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:00 PM
LiftTech
Senior User
I haven't done much this month. Bought a tractor and two finish mowers from a guy I work with, did a fine impersonation of "Sanford and Sons: Gone Country" hauling them home on the bed on the '56. I need to get the tractor repainted, a couple of owners back the International wound up John Deere green and yellow.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Howdy Tennessee neighbors, how's it going tonight?

Quick Reply: Whats going on this month?