Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

I Need 'EYES in the Ground' - Please ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:57 AM
TOUGHLover
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I Need 'EYES in the Ground' - Please ...

Calling-on any of you-all anywhere along the roads from and between the Fort Hood (Killeen TX) area and Cape Coral FL. (which I believe would be primarily along I-10 [East] and I-75 [South]).

My daughter and two young grand-daughters are making this trip beginning this afternoon (Thur. 31JUL08), and we expect (hope) that it will conclude safely, Saturday 02AUG08). They will be traveling in a 2003 "Goldish/Tan" Ford Expedition with TX plates

Her husband (my son-in-law) shipped to the front-lines in Afghanistan two-weeks ago from Hood , and she is headed to spend six months with her moms family in Florida, and then six-months with me and my family here in Virginia (so I may be repeating this request around Christmas-time).

She will most likely be fine - she's a tough, trained, and strong-willed young lady (and IS certified "proficient" with ALL of her weapons). One of my main concerns however is that I could never seem to teach her "the difference between a tire and a wheel" - much less what to physically do with either one of them if they were to incur damage. What I'm saying is: "she has virtually ZERO mechanical aptitude" - and again, has young kids to keep her ears & eyes on.

As I have just had (within the last week) halves of three vertebrae surgically removed from my neck here in Virginia, I am not physically available to help them with this. What may be worse - this surgery was performed without any insurance - I am virtually in bills "up-to-my-neck" (pun intended, though nonetheless True) and would be of very little help if she would happen to have any mechanical trouble.

I "believe" the vehicle is in "decent/fair" condition (they bought it "used" about six months ago) but I have never laid eyes on it - much less been able to look it over. She is having a "Trip Check" (oil change/fluid check and tires inspection) as I type - but again, have no idea of the level of "QUALITY" she will receive at the shop for this service/inspection.

If any of you guys or gals happen to be along this path for the next three days, I am appealing to your humanity, and asking you to please keep eyes peeled for this vehicle. This is my 22 year-old baby, and two grand-babies. If there were to be trouble, I would be forever indebted to anyone who might be able to lend a helping-hand.

I thank you for any consideration, and in advance,
Glenn R. Conner
Locust Grove, VA

Old 08-02-2008, 04:30 PM
TOUGHLover
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THEY'RE THERE!!!! Thank You All Again Very Much - from the bottom of my hard-old, hard-heart!!!