Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Wyoming Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2008, 04:48 PM
mwvdub's Avatar
mwvdub mwvdub is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: WY
Posts: 2,326
mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.
Smile Wyoming Member Introductions

Hello all and congratulations on creating the Wyoming Chapter so quickly.

I grew up in Wheatland and now live in Cheyenne where I work for the National Guard. I love dentside Ford trucks and currently have a 1979 F100 Custom that I have been tinkering with for about 8 years. It has a 514 stroker and a C6. As you can see it is far from factory stock and is raced in Douglas at the Drag strip. Looking at getting another swb dentside to use as a daily driver.
__________________
Miles
1979 F100-11.47@117 @ 5800'
2004 Ford F250 KR
2010 Polaris Ranger RZR-S

Click Here to Join the Wyoming Chapter
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Scouder's Avatar
Scouder Scouder is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Evanston, WY
Posts: 2,117
Scouder is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Scouder is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Been here in Evanston off and on all my life, family has been here since the 1800's.

My truck started out as something to take into the hills hunting and such, but it got out of hand. It isn't done yet, but it's already fun. We started a little 1/8 mile dragstrip here, and I took it out just for giggles. It turned out to be fast!

I should have it finished in the next 2 or 3 years, depending on how much time I get to work on it.

-Scouder
__________________
76 F250 4x4, 511ci Nitrous injected aluminum 427, 6.73 1/8 mile @ 103 mph.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2008, 09:32 PM
a-rod's Avatar
a-rod a-rod is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 1,459
a-rod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.a-rod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hello all! Name is Adam, Im in good ole Rock Springs and Pinedale area. I mostly hang out in the Superduty and the powerstroke sections Since my only Ford is a 2002 7.3 Powerstroke. Glad we finally got a Wyoming chapter going, I was begining to wonder if there was anyone else from Wyoming on here .
__________________
Adam. Collision Tech. 2002 7.3 80,000 miles. DP-Tuner, Riffraff FRX - AIH delete, HPX. wicked wheel. 6637. banks power elbow-4inch exhaust. CCV. Foil delete. 6.0 trans/intercooler. Isspro gauges. True-Trac, 2008 mirrors, tailgate, taillights, bumper, diff cover.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 12:00 AM
mwvdub's Avatar
mwvdub mwvdub is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: WY
Posts: 2,326
mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouder View Post
Been here in Evanston off and on all my life, family has been here since the 1800's.

My truck started out as something to take into the hills hunting and such, but it got out of hand. It isn't done yet, but it's already fun. We started a little 1/8 mile dragstrip here, and I took it out just for giggles. It turned out to be fast!

I should have it finished in the next 2 or 3 years, depending on how much time I get to work on it.

-Scouder
that truck is fast. with an 1/8th mile time of 6.97 you should run 10.98 in the 1/4. pretty impressive for a 4x4. glad to meet wyoming people on the forum.
__________________
Miles
1979 F100-11.47@117 @ 5800'
2004 Ford F250 KR
2010 Polaris Ranger RZR-S

Click Here to Join the Wyoming Chapter
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Scouder's Avatar
Scouder Scouder is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Evanston, WY
Posts: 2,117
Scouder is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Scouder is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwvdub View Post
that truck is fast. with an 1/8th mile time of 6.97 you should run 10.98 in the 1/4. pretty impressive for a 4x4. glad to meet wyoming people on the forum.
I can't find anywhere in your profile where you post your times. What does your truck do for times? Looks fast! How much does it weigh?

We have another race on the 16th, and I'm gonna see if I can pull off a 6.8x. I have increased my nitrous jets by two sizes (I was running pretty rich), added 2 degrees of timing, am letting 1lb of pressure out of the tires to try getting a little better launch gearing, am engaging the bottle .1 seconds earlier in the run, and making my pass as soon as the event starts that morning to get good air. Maybe it'll be enough, but if not it should still get me a 6.93ish at least.

-Scouder
__________________
76 F250 4x4, 511ci Nitrous injected aluminum 427, 6.73 1/8 mile @ 103 mph.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 01:11 PM
mwvdub's Avatar
mwvdub mwvdub is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: WY
Posts: 2,326
mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouder View Post
I can't find anywhere in your profile where you post your times. What does your truck do for times? Looks fast! How much does it weigh?

We have another race on the 16th, and I'm gonna see if I can pull off a 6.8x. I have increased my nitrous jets by two sizes (I was running pretty rich), added 2 degrees of timing, am letting 1lb of pressure out of the tires to try getting a little better launch gearing, am engaging the bottle .1 seconds earlier in the run, and making my pass as soon as the event starts that morning to get good air. Maybe it'll be enough, but if not it should still get me a 6.93ish at least.

-Scouder
There is a line up at the top of the page that lets you post your timeslips. It should go USER CP, FAQ, Member List, Timeslip.

I am still working out the bugs on the truck. WE spent all winter replacing the suspension, tranny, motor and doing a roll cage. It ran a best of 12.04 at 110.67 in Douglas this year. Still working on the suspension and the carburetor. I think it should run in the 11.70's and 10.90's on a little nitrous. last time I weighed the truck it was 3820 w/o driver. Since then we added lighter suspension parts, a roll cage and aluminum heads. So it should weigh about the same.

How many cars are you seeing there in Evanston? I would come down to run if you guys weren't completely on the other side of the state.
__________________
Miles
1979 F100-11.47@117 @ 5800'
2004 Ford F250 KR
2010 Polaris Ranger RZR-S

Click Here to Join the Wyoming Chapter
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Scouder's Avatar
Scouder Scouder is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Evanston, WY
Posts: 2,117
Scouder is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Scouder is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwvdub View Post
How many cars are you seeing there in Evanston? I would come down to run if you guys weren't completely on the other side of the state.
OK, I got my junk posted in the timeslips column, but I don't know how long it takes to show up.

We usually get around 40 entries, which could be anything from cars to pocket bikes. Very informal, lots of runs. It's kinda like the community softball game of drag racing. My wife raced her excursion with the dog sticking it's head out the passenger window all the way down track.

I'm going to try to get mine to come in at around 3800 once I get all the body stuff on it and put 'er on a diet again. I can't get it much lighter than that without spending alot of money.

If you ever get in this side of the state drop me a line.

-Scouder
__________________
76 F250 4x4, 511ci Nitrous injected aluminum 427, 6.73 1/8 mile @ 103 mph.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Orin Martin's Avatar
Orin Martin Orin Martin is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Posts: 1,128
Orin Martin has a good reputation on FTE.Orin Martin has a good reputation on FTE.Orin Martin has a good reputation on FTE.
My name is Orin and I was born and raised in this county and have lived here most of it. My family dates back to around 1900 with latest coming to Wyo in the 1920's and even some link to a local hero, villain, or other wise ,Tom Horn through distant relation.
I own and run a ranch north of Cheyenne towards Chugwater along the Interstate but still work on any thing that did or does drip oil to support my ranching habit.
__________________
Member Arizona Chapter
1959 F-350 4X4 "THE BEAST"
1996 F-150 4X4 Short Bed
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
MichelleF-250's Avatar
MichelleF-250 MichelleF-250 is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 4,282
MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.MichelleF-250 has a great reputation on FTE.
Hi, my name is Michelle and I have a 1995 Ford F-250 Dark Blue Truck. I grew-up in Douglas and Glenrock. Moved to Chugwater with my family, out on a ranch.
__________________
Ten feet tall and bullet proof!
Kansas Chapter Member
Honorary BC Chapter Member
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
mwvdub's Avatar
mwvdub mwvdub is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: WY
Posts: 2,326
mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin Martin View Post
My name is Orin and I was born and raised in this county and have lived here most of it. My family dates back to around 1900 with latest coming to Wyo in the 1920's and even some link to a local hero, villain, or other wise ,Tom Horn through distant relation.
I own and run a ranch north of Cheyenne towards Chugwater along the Interstate but still work on any thing that did or does drip oil to support my ranching habit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleF-250 View Post
Hi, my name is Michelle and I have a 1995 Ford F-250 Dark Blue Truck. I grew-up in Douglas and Glenrock. Moved to Chugwater with my family, out on a ranch.
Welcome! Glad to seem more people coming out to support our little state.
__________________
Miles
1979 F100-11.47@117 @ 5800'
2004 Ford F250 KR
2010 Polaris Ranger RZR-S

Click Here to Join the Wyoming Chapter
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2008, 06:29 PM
swann79's Avatar
swann79 swann79 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Riverton, Wyoming
Posts: 1,479
swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.
swannsa
Holy crap, I get too busy to check on the forums for a week, and this chapter has just exploded! Great job, guys!

I'm Scott Swann, from Riverton. Lived here for almost 6 years, grew up in Garden City, Kansas. Graduated high school, spent 6 years in the army, then moved here to be with my wife's family. I absolutely love Wyoming and plan to stay here til I die. I'm a USPS mail carrier and spend lots of time working on old Fords. I enjoy fishing, camping, hunting and motorcycles. Nice to see all of the Wyomingites popping in!
__________________
'12 F-150 4x4 XLT SuperCrew, EcoBoost, Max Tow
'66 F-250 4x4 short bed, 390, 4-sp. *FOR SALE*
'94 Bronco XLT, 5.8, Auto
'07 Foose Stallion (Mustang GT)

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Orin Martin's Avatar
Orin Martin Orin Martin is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Posts: 1,128
Orin Martin has a good reputation on FTE.Orin Martin has a good reputation on FTE.Orin Martin has a good reputation on FTE.
Hey Scott, glad to see on the pages, My names Orin and its good to hear of you. Looks like Wyoming got there. Well got in late and even though tomorrow's Sunday, there is no rest for the wicked.
__________________
Member Arizona Chapter
1959 F-350 4X4 "THE BEAST"
1996 F-150 4X4 Short Bed
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2008, 10:45 PM
swann79's Avatar
swann79 swann79 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Riverton, Wyoming
Posts: 1,479
swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.
swannsa
Thanks Orin, I look forward to getting to know everyone in here. Hopefully once we get a leader, we can arrange a GTG!
__________________
'12 F-150 4x4 XLT SuperCrew, EcoBoost, Max Tow
'66 F-250 4x4 short bed, 390, 4-sp. *FOR SALE*
'94 Bronco XLT, 5.8, Auto
'07 Foose Stallion (Mustang GT)

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2008, 02:28 PM
RAGaz's Avatar
RAGaz RAGaz is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 226
RAGaz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey everyone! Glad to see that we finally have a Wyoming Chapter. I'm in Casper and much like Swann, moved here to be closer to the wife's family. I was born in IL, but couldn't ever imagine living anywhere else but WY. I can't get enough of the outdoors that WY has to offer - the fishing, camping, hiking, hunting. Big fan of my SuperDuty, wife drives an Expedition. Been in and out of the forum lately due to a broken leg (camping accident ---- err,uhh, I mean rodeo accident, right? Yeah, that's it!). I'll be around more now that I've found this Chapter. Glad to meet ya'll!
__________________
2005 F350 V10 CrewCab, SB, 4x4, 4.10LS, FX4, SCTx3
2001 Expy XLT 4x4, 5.4L
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 PM
mwvdub's Avatar
mwvdub mwvdub is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: WY
Posts: 2,326
mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.mwvdub has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGaz View Post
Hey everyone! Glad to see that we finally have a Wyoming Chapter. I'm in Casper and much like Swann, moved here to be closer to the wife's family. I was born in IL, but couldn't ever imagine living anywhere else but WY. I can't get enough of the outdoors that WY has to offer - the fishing, camping, hiking, hunting. Big fan of my SuperDuty, wife drives an Expedition. Been in and out of the forum lately due to a broken leg (camping accident ---- err,uhh, I mean rodeo accident, right? Yeah, that's it!). I'll be around more now that I've found this Chapter. Glad to meet ya'll!
welcome! glad you found us. good luck with the leg, lay off the "rodeo" for a while until you get healed up.
__________________
Miles
1979 F100-11.47@117 @ 5800'
2004 Ford F250 KR
2010 Polaris Ranger RZR-S

Click Here to Join the Wyoming Chapter
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Wyoming Chapter

Tags
18, accident, broken, casper, clubs, douglas, drag, evanston, glenrock, leg, mile, polaris, ranger, rzr, strip, wyoming

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need demensions of a extended cab head liner ASAP bubba_3711 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 1 07-25-2014 08:50 AM
calling all Las Vegas members elkarcher1716 Events & Happenings 2 08-28-2013 12:43 PM
Hello from Cheyenne WY, Home of Frontier Days t.nation66 New Member Introductions 5 07-24-2013 09:48 PM
Another Newbie in the Dentside Forum jonathan.e.green 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 2 04-23-2013 10:16 PM
Blew out a spark plug greenwoodford Excursion - King of SUVs 42 03-08-2013 11:23 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup