Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

Wyoming Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 04:48 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Wyoming Member Introductions

Hello all and congratulations on creating the Wyoming Chapter so quickly.

I grew up in Wheatland and now live in Cheyenne where I work for the National Guard. I love dentside Ford trucks and currently have a 1979 F100 Custom that I have been tinkering with for about 8 years. It has a 514 stroker and a C6. As you can see it is far from factory stock and is raced in Douglas at the Drag strip. Looking at getting another swb dentside to use as a daily driver.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Been here in Evanston off and on all my life, family has been here since the 1800's.

My truck started out as something to take into the hills hunting and such, but it got out of hand. It isn't done yet, but it's already fun. We started a little 1/8 mile dragstrip here, and I took it out just for giggles. It turned out to be fast!

I should have it finished in the next 2 or 3 years, depending on how much time I get to work on it.

-Scouder

Old 07-31-2008, 09:32 PM
a-rod
Posting Guru
Hello all! Name is Adam, Im in good ole Rock Springs and Pinedale area. I mostly hang out in the Superduty and the powerstroke sections Since my only Ford is a 2002 7.3 Powerstroke. Glad we finally got a Wyoming chapter going, I was begining to wonder if there was anyone else from Wyoming on here .

Old 08-01-2008, 12:00 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Scouder
Been here in Evanston off and on all my life, family has been here since the 1800's.

My truck started out as something to take into the hills hunting and such, but it got out of hand. It isn't done yet, but it's already fun. We started a little 1/8 mile dragstrip here, and I took it out just for giggles. It turned out to be fast!

I should have it finished in the next 2 or 3 years, depending on how much time I get to work on it.

-Scouder
that truck is fast. with an 1/8th mile time of 6.97 you should run 10.98 in the 1/4. pretty impressive for a 4x4. glad to meet wyoming people on the forum.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by mwvdub
that truck is fast. with an 1/8th mile time of 6.97 you should run 10.98 in the 1/4. pretty impressive for a 4x4. glad to meet wyoming people on the forum.
I can't find anywhere in your profile where you post your times. What does your truck do for times? Looks fast! How much does it weigh?

We have another race on the 16th, and I'm gonna see if I can pull off a 6.8x. I have increased my nitrous jets by two sizes (I was running pretty rich), added 2 degrees of timing, am letting 1lb of pressure out of the tires to try getting a little better launch gearing, am engaging the bottle .1 seconds earlier in the run, and making my pass as soon as the event starts that morning to get good air. Maybe it'll be enough, but if not it should still get me a 6.93ish at least.

-Scouder

Old 08-01-2008, 01:11 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Scouder
I can't find anywhere in your profile where you post your times. What does your truck do for times? Looks fast! How much does it weigh?

We have another race on the 16th, and I'm gonna see if I can pull off a 6.8x. I have increased my nitrous jets by two sizes (I was running pretty rich), added 2 degrees of timing, am letting 1lb of pressure out of the tires to try getting a little better launch gearing, am engaging the bottle .1 seconds earlier in the run, and making my pass as soon as the event starts that morning to get good air. Maybe it'll be enough, but if not it should still get me a 6.93ish at least.

-Scouder
There is a line up at the top of the page that lets you post your timeslips. It should go USER CP, FAQ, Member List, Timeslip.

I am still working out the bugs on the truck. WE spent all winter replacing the suspension, tranny, motor and doing a roll cage. It ran a best of 12.04 at 110.67 in Douglas this year. Still working on the suspension and the carburetor. I think it should run in the 11.70's and 10.90's on a little nitrous. last time I weighed the truck it was 3820 w/o driver. Since then we added lighter suspension parts, a roll cage and aluminum heads. So it should weigh about the same.

How many cars are you seeing there in Evanston? I would come down to run if you guys weren't completely on the other side of the state.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by mwvdub
How many cars are you seeing there in Evanston? I would come down to run if you guys weren't completely on the other side of the state.
OK, I got my junk posted in the timeslips column, but I don't know how long it takes to show up.

We usually get around 40 entries, which could be anything from cars to pocket bikes. Very informal, lots of runs. It's kinda like the community softball game of drag racing. My wife raced her excursion with the dog sticking it's head out the passenger window all the way down track.

I'm going to try to get mine to come in at around 3800 once I get all the body stuff on it and put 'er on a diet again. I can't get it much lighter than that without spending alot of money.

If you ever get in this side of the state drop me a line.

-Scouder

Old 08-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
My name is Orin and I was born and raised in this county and have lived here most of it. My family dates back to around 1900 with latest coming to Wyo in the 1920's and even some link to a local hero, villain, or other wise ,Tom Horn through distant relation.
I own and run a ranch north of Cheyenne towards Chugwater along the Interstate but still work on any thing that did or does drip oil to support my ranching habit.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Hi, my name is Michelle and I have a 1995 Ford F-250 Dark Blue Truck. I grew-up in Douglas and Glenrock. Moved to Chugwater with my family, out on a ranch.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Orin Martin
My name is Orin and I was born and raised in this county and have lived here most of it. My family dates back to around 1900 with latest coming to Wyo in the 1920's and even some link to a local hero, villain, or other wise ,Tom Horn through distant relation.
I own and run a ranch north of Cheyenne towards Chugwater along the Interstate but still work on any thing that did or does drip oil to support my ranching habit.
Originally Posted by MichelleF-250
Hi, my name is Michelle and I have a 1995 Ford F-250 Dark Blue Truck. I grew-up in Douglas and Glenrock. Moved to Chugwater with my family, out on a ranch.
Welcome! Glad to seem more people coming out to support our little state.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:29 PM
swann79
Posting Guru
Holy crap, I get too busy to check on the forums for a week, and this chapter has just exploded! Great job, guys!

I'm Scott Swann, from Riverton. Lived here for almost 6 years, grew up in Garden City, Kansas. Graduated high school, spent 6 years in the army, then moved here to be with my wife's family. I absolutely love Wyoming and plan to stay here til I die. I'm a USPS mail carrier and spend lots of time working on old Fords. I enjoy fishing, camping, hunting and motorcycles. Nice to see all of the Wyomingites popping in!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Hey Scott, glad to see on the pages, My names Orin and its good to hear of you. Looks like Wyoming got there. Well got in late and even though tomorrow's Sunday, there is no rest for the wicked.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:45 PM
swann79
Posting Guru
Thanks Orin, I look forward to getting to know everyone in here. Hopefully once we get a leader, we can arrange a GTG!

Old 08-16-2008, 02:28 PM
RAGaz
Mountain Pass
Hey everyone! Glad to see that we finally have a Wyoming Chapter. I'm in Casper and much like Swann, moved here to be closer to the wife's family. I was born in IL, but couldn't ever imagine living anywhere else but WY. I can't get enough of the outdoors that WY has to offer - the fishing, camping, hiking, hunting. Big fan of my SuperDuty, wife drives an Expedition. Been in and out of the forum lately due to a broken leg (camping accident ---- err,uhh, I mean rodeo accident, right? Yeah, that's it!). I'll be around more now that I've found this Chapter. Glad to meet ya'll!

Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RAGaz
Hey everyone! Glad to see that we finally have a Wyoming Chapter. I'm in Casper and much like Swann, moved here to be closer to the wife's family. I was born in IL, but couldn't ever imagine living anywhere else but WY. I can't get enough of the outdoors that WY has to offer - the fishing, camping, hiking, hunting. Big fan of my SuperDuty, wife drives an Expedition. Been in and out of the forum lately due to a broken leg (camping accident ---- err,uhh, I mean rodeo accident, right? Yeah, that's it!). I'll be around more now that I've found this Chapter. Glad to meet ya'll!
welcome! glad you found us. good luck with the leg, lay off the "rodeo" for a while until you get healed up.

Quick Reply: Wyoming Member Introductions