Martha Stewart 'does' Kannapolis

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:52 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Martha Stewart 'does' Kannapolis

Well.

Apparently a group of billionaires visited Kannapolis to check out Rupert Murdoch's new digs at the 'new' research campus (which was the 'old' Pillowtex), and mysteriously, the flags honoring the late-great Dale Earnhardt were removed during the visit.

Martha Stewart Visits Billionaire Developer In Kannapolis - Charlotte News Story - WSOC Charlotte

There was speculation last week on why the flags were removed and who got 'offended' by them, and apparently the culprit is the ex-felon and domestic ****, Martha Stewart......

So.

Whadda we do?

1. Thank the billionaires for building the research campus in Kannapolis and trying to wean us from our addiction to NASCAR and idols like the 'Intimidator'?.....or

2. Tell Martha to stay the hell out and stop trying to make us 'backwards' Southerners more like her......

Feel free to add choice #3 if you wish.....

Old 08-06-2008, 04:24 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f@$% that sorry good for nothing not worthy to be called a female dog hussy and murdock as far as that goes. he keeps on screwing the town of Kannapolis and they keep bending over for more. he told all the people that lost their jobs in the mill that new jobs were coming, yeah right for glasseyed lab coat wearing ****** not the blue coller man. the best he could hope for in a research campus is to clean the crapper. now I*'ve spoke my peace!!!! would you like a glass of Iced Tea??

Old 08-06-2008, 08:26 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MAKO314
f@$% that sorry good for nothing not worthy to be called a female dog hussy and murdock as far as that goes. he keeps on screwing the town of Kannapolis and they keep bending over for more. he told all the people that lost their jobs in the mill that new jobs were coming, yeah right for glasseyed lab coat wearing ****** not the blue coller man. the best he could hope for in a research campus is to clean the crapper. now I*'ve spoke my peace!!!! would you like a glass of Iced Tea??
Dang Ashley I think you're in love with her.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish y'all would speak your minds more........

Something about that (outsiders coming in to 'clean up' a dirty image....) just grates me---and I'm not even from Kannapolis. The problem is, that town pretty much grew around Fieldcrest-Cannon-------then Pillowtex. Now, whomever drives a primary industry there will have a lot to say about the 'image' of the area......

Before, it was textiles and NASCAR.....Now what is it?......A research facility and polo?.......

The research facility itself is a good thing, and hopefully, the local workforce reaps most of the benefit.....

But Dale Earhardt IS Kannapolis.....Love him or hate him, he just is.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:00 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think Ashley was clear enough maybe he needs to tell us how he really feels.