Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Jasper Area

Does anyone know what kind of pipeline they are putting in up there? It looks like quite the project.

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Postmaster

seventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to all
No idea. What size is it? I would assume the major east to west natural gas transmission lines would run further north to avoid the parks, but that's a guess at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklnhyd View Post
Holy hell, its not even 9am and you folks are gonna drive me to drink....
Old 07-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Its gotta be maybe a 24inch ish pipe.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Postmaster

seventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to all
Well if it's 24" pipe, that'll flow some serious gas. The Hinton/Edson/Jasper area are no longer my problem, so I haven't been keeping up with it.

Two possibilities. 1) bringing gas from NEBC to fill the half used gas plants in Central Alberta, or 2) shipping processed gas out to Kitimat for the LNG terminal that was proposed. I know there were projects of both types on the drawing boards a year or two ago, but I never heard that they were going ahead. I would have thought either project would go further north though, closer to tumbler ridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklnhyd View Post
Holy hell, its not even 9am and you folks are gonna drive me to drink....
Old 07-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Senior User

brmpipes is starting off with a positive reputation.
iI\I searched Jasper pipeline project and got the twinning of an existing pipeline going toward bc.North American pipeline is doing the work i believe.The original owners had a deal with the government ,that in 1955 they would be able to upgrade the pipeline but only once in the park region.aperrently this is being done now.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Posting Legend

That would be the one brmpipes, North american was doing the work, thanks, reps your way.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:23 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
We drove through there a few months ago. That is going to be one long pipe line. I was quite surprised to see it along the highway through the park.

On our way back we actually got stopped leaving Jasper while they moved equipment across the street. The layed old tires across the street for the tracked equipment to drive on. Took about 10 min to get everything across.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 07-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Senior User

brmpipes is starting off with a positive reputation.
After Edmonton-based contractor North American Construction Group finishes laying jumbo pipe, 36 inches (91 centimetres) in diameter, across 159 kilometres of Jasper National Park and British Columbia's Mount Robson Park next November, oil deliveries will rise 15 per cent to 300,000 barrels per day.

The increase will only begin to use the route's newly built-in capacity to keep on expanding without further construction in the most environmentally touchy legs of the 1,150-kilometre corridor from Edmonton across the Continental Divide to Vancouver.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Post Fiend

mustange70 has a good reputation on FTE.mustange70 has a good reputation on FTE.
diddo on the big inch pipe, i was doing the welder qualifications at my old job before i left for that pipeline.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter