1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How small is your garage?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:00 PM
J Hodges
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work in a 30x30 garage that is my dads. It looks big but its full of tools and equipment. My mom keeps her car in there, dad has his tr7 in there and I am working on the 51 in there. It's a whole lot better than working outside

Old 07-24-2008, 09:09 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
73 de Rick

RICK ??? you old code banger, you...

later
John (WB4PJY)

Old 07-25-2008, 04:54 AM
52'F-3
More Turbo

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've worked in the driveway, the parking lot, a carport, and different size garages over the years myself.

I think the best friend you can get for a garage (of any size) is a SHED. to keep your mower, weedwacker, shovels & rakes, bikes etc...... and just a place to throw stuff in when you don't have time (or energy) to put away. really helps keep the garage for truck/car projects.

organize, shelfs and rolling carts are my favorite................hang stuff high on the walls you don't use much......
my garage is as big of a "project" as my truck

Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Nope, the absolute best friend you can have for your garage is an old soda machine to store your frosty beverages in.....LOL

Attached Images   
Old 07-25-2008, 08:04 AM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian_B
Should I add that the back of my explorer is my storage shelves for my body shop?

Sander, grinder, air tools, paint guns, sanding supplies, sanding blocks, body tool set, epoxy primer, epoxy reducer, wax and grease remover, and whatever else is in there. It is packed. The back sags pretty bad now. LOL
Hey Brian B.,
What kind of gas mileage do you get in that storage shed with a full load?LOL
brian...

Old 07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 9teen56f100
Hey Brian B.,
What kind of gas mileage do you get in that storage shed with a full load?LOL
brian...

Actually, it is funny you should ask. I was looking back yesterday. In March my storage shed hit 100,000 miles. Now it has 101,600 miles. I rarely drive it.

I drive the 56 every time I can. The last time I checked the gas mileage on it I managed 16.89 MPG.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:08 PM
ericeugunep
Freshman User
24 by 18 would be nice!

I work on my 50 F-1 in my carport here in sunny Seattle. A garage of any kind would seem like a luxury.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:34 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
lol....he said "sunny Seattle"

Old 07-25-2008, 11:38 PM
56efffie
Elder User
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
After building cars all my life without a garage I finally have a house with a 2 car garage. The spaces is consumed with tools, junk, and my 49 F1. My Road King also has a home in the garage. The big problem is that when I want to do any kind of work it takes some time doing the "crap shuffle" to make some room.

Bobby
The Crap Shuffle, I love it!

Old 07-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Lakotas53
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by 52'F-3
I've worked in the driveway, the parking lot, a carport, and different size garages over the years myself.

I think the best friend you can get for a garage (of any size) is a SHED. to keep your mower, weedwacker, shovels & rakes, bikes etc...... and just a place to throw stuff in when you don't have time (or energy) to put away. really helps keep the garage for truck/car projects.

organize, shelfs and rolling carts are my favorite................hang stuff high on the walls you don't use much......
+1 on the shed and the old soda machine for frosty cold beverages!
I guess I am blessed with room. I have a 30 by 40 shop that I am using to keep the 53 in right now along with my machine shop tools. I have a 10 by 8 shed for the lawn equipment, a drive in basement garage that is 25 by 35 which also has 2 10 by 11 storage rooms and a 10 by 60 room under the front porch! But with all this room I still need more truck room. The 51 is sitting outside tarpped up and my 99 ford is outside cause I keep my VTX1800 and the wifes Yamaha 650 bikes on one side of the garage and her vehicle on the other. The rest is filled with years of collected stuff!

Old 07-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Ego Flat 48
Junior User
Hey guys and gals; I'm glad to hear someone else is building a truck in such conditions. My garage is 24x19 with an outdoor slab. You're good for America. Nothing builds more character than tough conditions. I've worked on trucks with my Dad, lying on old cardboard and dirty blankets. I've even caught my jacket on fire pouring gas into a carb.Some of the best days in my life. I miss him.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:20 PM
rtcalabrojr
Darksider

I remember when i just started to drive, my father was showing me how to do the front brakes on my mothers car. We had no garage so everything was done outside on a old broken up ashpalt driveway. I had the front jacked up wheels off and ready for dad to start the lesson. He shows up and states i should block the back wheels so it wont roll off the jack. This so called driveway was kinda not level. I say dad its not going anywhere! I no sooner say it when the car rolls back off the jack and pushes up the radiator and so on. That was not a good day for me. Laugh now but not than.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Kusto
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My garage is 22x24 but feels like 10x10!!!! Getting better at the crap shuffle all the time, in fact since I got the garbage dumpster there seems to be less and less crap to shuffle. Its a matter of need and want......If I want more space, I need to get rid of more crap!!!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 05:57 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by 52'F-3
.......organize, shelfs and rolling carts are my favorite................hang stuff high on the walls you don't use much......

high wide and deep.... I realized today I have totally run out of wall space

since these were taken I've added a 42" proto top/bottom combo which required the removal of two shelves and these 4 drawer units....

the combo took over that spot and I have no where to put anything else on the walls... some of you may have noticed that white space in pic #2 ?? over the window ?? it's full now with an engine leveler and chains.

I guess the four nail cabinets will have to go to the back shed with all the other stuff I've accumulated... I really need to get started on that extension or putting this dang truck back in one pile

later
john

Old 07-28-2008, 07:58 PM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jniolon

I really need to get started on that extension or putting this dang truck back in one pile

later
john
How about one self mobile pile?

Like I have room to talk. (No pun intended.) I have been dragging my truck around for 20 years. I am starting to do something to it though. In this +100° F. heat I have actually taken one rear fender off and soaked the other side with PB Blaster.

I have been in OK for 9 years and still can't deal with the heat very well. I'll be glad when winter gets here and I can work comfortably in the garage. Now watch, I'll be griping about the cold come November.

I am going to have to get creative with hanging stuff on the walls myself. I am fast running out of room on the floor. I do have a spare bedroom and no wife to contend with. Or at least no wife yet. I did ask my girlfriend to marry me on Saturday and she said; "Yes." I bought a ring today. A good reason to postpone that front suspension I think.

I feel lucky to have found someone at this age. I just hit 55 on last Friday. Now I can order off the senior menu!!!

Quick Reply: How small is your garage?