Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Freshman User

wheelz3333 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Climate Control problem...

I have been intermittently having the issue where upon startup the climate control does not startup. I have read the forums and if I turn the lights on and off it reactivates it OK. Can anyone tell me specically what is causing this so I can get it fixed properly as I don't want to keep turning the lights off and on to correct this. Thanks, Rob.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Posting Guru

Powerstroke_wannabe has a great reputation on FTE.Powerstroke_wannabe has a great reputation on FTE.Powerstroke_wannabe has a great reputation on FTE.Powerstroke_wannabe has a great reputation on FTE.Powerstroke_wannabe has a great reputation on FTE.
Interesting that you posted this today. I had this happen to me for the first time ever yesterday. Start up and climate control is dead. Turn off truck and restart and climate control is OK. I was about to get really ticked because of all days for it to happen was the hottest day of the Summer thus far. I wasn't looking forward to the ride home without AC. As a result, I'm definitely interested in hearing the answer to the cause of this problem and potential fix short of replacing the climate control controller.
2006 F250 Lariat FX4, CC, SB, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, 3.73 LS, Backseat DVD system, Extreme Bedliner, Westin Bully Bar, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Fumoto Valve, Accufab Intake Elbow, Bilstein HD Shocks, Smitty-Bilt Grille Inserts, MBRP Turbo Back Cool Duals (Kitty ran away), ICON Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit w/Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Nitto Terra Grappler AT 295/70-R18, Retrax Cover
Old 07-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Postmaster

BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.
do you guys have ATC?

Ford Senior Master Tech since '05
ASE Master Tech '04
6.0ing since '03.
6.4ing IF they tear up
Old 07-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Posting Guru

Powerstroke_wannabe has a great reputation on FTE.Powerstroke_wannabe has a great reputation on FTE.Powerstroke_wannabe has a great reputation on FTE.Powerstroke_wannabe has a great reputation on FTE.Powerstroke_wannabe has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTieHatr View Post
do you guys have ATC?
Excuse my ignorance, but what is ATC? If you mean auto temp control, yes.
2006 F250 Lariat FX4, CC, SB, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, 3.73 LS, Backseat DVD system, Extreme Bedliner, Westin Bully Bar, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Fumoto Valve, Accufab Intake Elbow, Bilstein HD Shocks, Smitty-Bilt Grille Inserts, MBRP Turbo Back Cool Duals (Kitty ran away), ICON Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit w/Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Nitto Terra Grappler AT 295/70-R18, Retrax Cover
Old 07-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Postmaster

BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.
the control heads did have a problem with a internal relay sticking and supposedly they have been redesigned. i have replaced many of these heads due to the inop issue. the price has come down alot as well.

ASE Master Tech '04
6.0ing since '03.
6.4ing IF they tear up
Old 07-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Posting Guru

Are they hard to replace?
Old 07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Posting Guru

fordboy2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
So the only option is to replace? Mine did this once back in june and has been fine ever since. What is the price as I may just pick one up to have on hand for when mine decides to finish taking a dump, dont want to be stuck for a long period of time waiting for the darn part.

99 f350 CCLB lariat 6.8 4wd No Cat Flow Master Muffler.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Postmaster

not hard at all. the instrument finish bezel pops off and depending on options you have multiple connectors to unplug. then 4 screws and 2 connectors.

you will have to check your local dealer for the price as i have noticed prices change in location.

ASE Master Tech '04
6.0ing since '03.
6.4ing IF they tear up
Old 07-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Postmaster

Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.
Somewhat common problem like BowtieHatr says. Only fix is to replace it. I highly suggest getting it done under warranty if you can. The unit is not cheap ($300+), so I'm not sure if you're going to want to pick one up as a spare.
Recon Smoked Cab, Mirror, and Brake Lights
MSD Dashhawk w/A Pillar Mount
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
Lund Eclipse Window Vents
Weatherguard Toolbox
Old 07-26-2008, 06:19 PM