New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Ct Truck Pullers

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:54 AM
BadNBlond
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ct Truck Pullers

Hey Everyone...I am new to this truck pulling thing, I was at the one in Goshen, ct this spring and had a blast! Why aren't there more of these things? Anyway I loooked for a club in ct to join to get this started and there wasn't any, so I am willing to start one up. But first I want to see if anyone is interested in joining?? If so, let me know....there are a couple pulls in mass next month, so I wanna get this started.. Let me also know your local so I can find a good place to base the club...I am in Norwalk, don't think there are too many pullers down here...

Hey I got third with a stock truck so you don't have to have crazy mods to pull...
<!-- / message -->

Old 07-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Aerocell4x4
Diesel Van Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am curious

Hello:

I live in Stratford and work in Stamford, CT.

I do intend to boost my van and the van already has 4wd and a fully welded custom receiver.

My fun is in how quickly I can hit 55 on the up-slope entrance ramp onto I-95.

Hopefully by the end of August I will have strengthen the transmission with an ATS 5-Star torque converter and billet input shaft for those two are a relatively quick slide out / slide in replacement items. At the moment I don't plan on doing a tear-down in order to change out the friction discs.

Once the drive-line can handle the torque, then I'll tackle the van coolling handicap.

Because I'm a van I know the engine compartment air flow is lacking and therefore very cramp to work in, so I'm considering a 2" body lift before attempting a plain 6.0 pickup truck mapping.

Next on my list is to install the MSD propane injection system, primarily for the cleaner burn and off-set in diesel fuel consumption and not so much for the raw power aspects. Along with the propane I intend to add methanol injection to suspress the inherent propane EGT's.

Hopefully the 2" body lift will be enough to facilitate pulling the heads to change out the studs and install fire-ring gaskets at a later time.

The turbo was changed out at about 15,000 mile for warrantee, I would like to change it for a towing turbo.

Finally once the heads & turbo are up-graded then I'll see if I can spin my tires.

I will keep the van streetable and will fore go the injectors, cam, pistons, etc.

Regards,
Dave

Old 07-25-2008, 07:56 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BNB - I read somewhere you are going to the All Truck Nationals in Carlisle. There is going to be a first ever (for Carlisle) truck pull there. I thought about doing it but not sure with the Ranger and street(stock) tires.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 AM
BadNBlond
New User
Where did you hear that? They have a tug of war but no sleds this year. Ive heard that they used to, but discontinued that... Yeah stock tires aren't going to work, you need the best traction you can get....go find yourself some used mudders on ebay or something, def worth the money

Old 07-25-2008, 10:56 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Kat, the ATN's at Carlisle this year has a tug of war FORD vs chebby, hope you can make it. lol

Old 07-27-2008, 11:45 PM
BadNBlond
New User
Yep I can't wait...Ill be there...