Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Haven't Posted

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 06:49 PM
tbritt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't Posted

in over two weeks I get this post all the time,but I guess you guys do to, each time I get on there no news out of OK,whats up with that.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:25 PM
spidertoy
Senior User
well, if I was living there like I want to, then I would post more frequently, but since I am still stuck in rainy washington

Old 07-03-2008, 08:48 PM
tbritt
Junior User
Well Spider it's good to read something in this tread...are you from OK.?? Spent some time in Bremington and Puget Sound while I was in the Navy, you into older trucks or just the newer ones?

Old 07-04-2008, 08:37 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tbritt
in over two weeks I get this post all the time,but I guess you guys do to, each time I get on there no news out of OK,whats up with that.
Seems that everyone in the Tulsa area is extremely busy with job, school, etc... Takes forever to get anyone together and catch up.

Since I just bought a '00 Ranger, I've been spending reading through that section.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:44 AM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
every one is real busy I have been working long hours during the week and racing on the weekends with all of that I'm always got some thing to do and not enough hours in the day. I post as I have stuff to say but thats not all of the time. Also their are not that many of us that actually post and involve themselves with us. I bet there are only about ten people that post regularly with only ten people you run out of things to talk about fast.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:22 PM
tbritt
Junior User
NO excuse... with the price of gas that's all we can do is talk...with a couple of "slicks" working I know the money is tight, don't go junk yarding like I use to,with gas and all. But let me say they are selling good "old trucks" at junkyard prices and thats a sin!! I have seen full trucks headed to the crusher, and the fast cash at the crusher is better than them parting them out..........Hope all had a good 4th of July...just had to vent to0 someone............

Old 07-07-2008, 07:19 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should be seeing more and more of sending the good old stuff to the crusher. I believe it big brother stepping in and not so much the need for money.

There is a PRIVATE T-bird yard in Wisconsin that was forced to shut down. The owner is very helpful to us Thunderbird owners for parts and knowledge. The state decided he was running a salvage yard, and told him he had to apply for all sorts of permits. In a sense the state ran him out. He is now parting everything out, and getting rid of a lot.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:27 PM
tbritt
Junior User
Know what your saying, there use to be yards full of old iron all over the country,you could go pull your own parts and all, now days if there on the yard over a week there crushed.....they pull the big ticket items..(motors/trans) and the rest goes. Makes it hard on us re-builders. Plus like the T-bird guy puts you out of a living

Old 07-07-2008, 11:54 PM
spidertoy
Senior User
Originally Posted by tbritt
Well Spider it's good to read something in this tread...are you from OK.?? Spent some time in Bremington and Puget Sound while I was in the Navy, you into older trucks or just the newer ones?
nope not from Oklahoma, just wanting to move to Muskogee VERY badly, the taxes, and people up here just bring the suck!! I grew up near a small town that has become a bedroom for a big city, and that has brought MUCH trouble to the small townand now that my wife and I want to have more children, we dont want them growing up in a town where the goths, emos, and freaks outnumber the good kids

Old 07-09-2008, 07:45 PM
tbritt
Junior User
Know what you mean, I have 3 girls and a stepson and with being in the Navy for over 20 years we have lived in many places in the states and overseas, but there all grown and have there own families, so I found a little place in Ok. myself...kinda laid back but still have a few "unwanted" around, now days there no escapeing that....hope you get what you want and maybe you'll be just up the road a ways.................

Old 07-09-2008, 08:06 PM
spidertoy
Senior User
hoping to be in west Muskogee area, dont know how far that is from Antlers, if that is the name of your town, and not the deer that you be a huntin the wife and I just cant wait to be back there, we are both VERY tired of the people and the pace that life has become out here, and want the slower, more relaxed pace of life that appears to be the norm out there

Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 PM
tbritt
Junior User
YEP.. it's the towns name....boast as the deer captial of the world.....county of only maybe 4800 but during deer season it grows to about 10000...for about 3 weeks, we do have deer..if your a hunter.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
spidertoy
Senior User
so how far is that from Muskogee?? my friend is looking forward to the hunting, and I am excited to go for my first time, and we are both looking forward to going fishing back there

Old 07-10-2008, 06:14 PM
tbritt
Junior User
about 115 or 120 miles south

Old 07-10-2008, 07:31 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
oklahoma has a lot of public hunting land, it is a little crazy during rifle season but any other time is fairly quiet.

Quick Reply: Haven't Posted