Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General Automotive Discussion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Posting Guru

hotroddually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hotroddually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i left my keys in my trucks canopy door lock after work one day.i drove 30 miles home,realized i forgot my keys in the canopy door handle lock. so on a hunch they might have fallen out as i drove away from my parking stall,i decided to go all the way back to look.they were not there. as i drove back home,i thought maybe they would be somewhere along the road. i came to a hill with a traffic light,as i slowed for the red light,i saw my keys squished into the soft asphalt. i jumped out,picked my keys up out of the road surface,and finished my drive home.i only found 1 broken key, and a really flattened key ring, out of 14 on the key ring!!! i once found a plastic box liner on the middle of the highway,its now in my f 100 short box. the usual asortment of tools, a couple wallets(returned them to their rightful owners), load straps,etc.
2004 f-150 supercrew FX4
2006 harley davidson softail fxst; -'05 suzuki quad
2006 wells cargo roadforce trailer (my toy hauler)
Old 07-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Senior User

Ford150/428/dud is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well yesterday after me and my buddy got done doing some burn outs in his beater ranger. He returned my Trucks Gone Wild DVD, I sat it on the bumper of my truck and started bsing.
Well it wasnt untill about 2:30 today when I realized that I left the DVD on my bumper. I drove down the road looking for it, I came upon my case in like three peices all ruined. But there was my DVD laying in the ditch unscratched.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Elder User

my79f is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i have a pretty cool story about my camera.

so last summer my buddy had a party at his families property, and during hunting season they run a deer camp out of it. so while we were all screwin around in the house i decided to take some pictures with my new camera. i happen to take one of the rules and regulations that the hunters have to abide by when they are in the house, and on that sheet happen to be my buddies cell phone # as an alternate contact incase of emergencies. well not more than two weeks later i lost my camera, i had no idea were it was, but low and behold a very good semaritan found it on the side of the highway and instead of keeping it she looked through the photos and found that one picture that i took of the rules and regulations. so she called my buddy and asked if he had lost his camera but he said no. so he asked her to send some pictures to see if he could figure out whose it was since it had his phone number in it, well guess what it was mine. after getting it back i wrote a very nice thank you letter, and put a finders fee in with it.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:28 AM
Elder User

gweeds is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ok here is one for you all:

Driving home from girlfriends house and traffic stopped. After about 30 min I got to the cause: 87-96 series f150 loaded up with watermelons. So many watermelons in fact that the rear suspension broke, and the rear bumper was nearly on the ground, front end up in the air. Had to roll up my windows because I was laughing so darn hard...

-94 f250 XLT 4x4, 7.5L, E4OD
-95 Nissan Hardbody, 2.4L, 5spd <-- The real work horse!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" - John 15:13
Old 07-18-2008, 06:27 AM
Posting Guru

VikingBabe has a good reputation on FTE.VikingBabe has a good reputation on FTE.VikingBabe has a good reputation on FTE.
During the Summer, there is always a bunch of weekender "stuff" to find that flew out of someone's truck or towed boat. All sorts of clothes, bath towels, icechest tops, bungie cords and the like. One time, we found a perfectly good rolled up, good quality sleeping bag. Found tools, of course.

One year, I was driving to Parker and there in the middle of the highway, was a brand new long ladder that must have fallen off a service truck of some kind. A sheriff's car was behind me and must have seen it too as we both slowed down. I got to it first and tied it to my car rack. He passed me by...at least it would have a "home". That ladder has come in handy over the years.

A friend of ours, several years ago, found a large cardboard box along side of the road....it was packed with "Stetsons" of a military style used during the Spanish American War. They were stamped with the Stetson logo and were high quality. There used to be a Boys Ranch that had an annual wagon train going through our area. They sometimes wore 1898 style military costumes before entering a town. We figured it was forgotten while repacking or fell out of one of the last wagons. (or pushed out) Our friend let us pick what would fit.

A few times there have been hay truck "load shiftings" accidents where we got a few partial or broken bales after the cleanup and reload.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Postmaster

ghunt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I saw a V8 engine block laying in the median of the highway once (can't remember where). Is that weird enough?

I've noticed you see lots of bits of diamondplate aluminum laying along the side of the highway. I once saw what looked like one of those underbody toolboxes like they use on flatbeds laying along the side of the highway.

I've never really found any tools, although years ago at our old house I went down to check the mail and found a grease gun laying along the side of the road.

Also once found a brand new pack of cigarettes in the same spot.

And finally, a couple years ago I found a brand new grease gun tube of white lithium grease laying along a highway offramp. I picked it up

Old 07-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Elder User

billy12360 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.billy12360 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
deffently not gonna be the weirdest... but a 20 dollar bill as we where pulling on to the freeway from a reststop.... turned out... that just a ways down the road, a security trucks back doors had flown open loosing 100,000 dollars or more on the side of the road.... and they lost ALOT of it to people slaming on their breaks grabing a couple hundereds and 20's and driving away...[by the time we got there.... the truck was already there... or im sure we would have grabed as much as we could have.....]

then a pack of ciggerets while i was walking a 35 mile walk... was gonna walk up a drive way, and ask the women i saw smoking a ciggeret if she would sell me a couple... and found an almost full pack... so i just went up and asked her to sell me a lighter... she just gave me one and i continued my 35 mile walk/hitchhike...

other times walking down the high way.... ive found drugs... and drug pipes....[mainly marijuana] at that time i picked them up and never knew what i was sapost to do with them...
Old 07-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Posting Guru

hotroddually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hotroddually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i know i posted on this thread already,but i just remembered i was going to work very early in the morning once, and there was a big track back hoe bucket in the middle of the road. i went around it, and a couple miles up the road ,on the shoulderof the road was a lowbed truck,with a track back hoe on it.i pulled over and asked the driver if he lost a bucket.he said bashfully,"yes". i told him where it was. i'm pretty sure he went back to get it.
2004 f-150 supercrew FX4
2006 harley davidson softail fxst; -'05 suzuki quad
2006 wells cargo roadforce trailer (my toy hauler)
Old 07-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Posting Guru

Autoglass has a great reputation on FTE.Autoglass has a great reputation on FTE.Autoglass has a great reputation on FTE.Autoglass has a great reputation on FTE.
When I was trucking OTR, I was up in Ontario, Canada and stopped at a rest area, took a nap only to get woke up when the truck shook. Looked out the sleeper curtain and in the passenger door window, was a MOOSE! I thought at 1st, "WHO THE HECK SENT MY DISPATCHER HERE!" (She was 1 UUGGLLYY Woman!) The moose left in a few minutes. BTW, it put a few scratches and a small dent in passenger side door! When I got back to Ft.Wayne,In. I told the boss, he laughed what I was thinking,,,,, He started laughing so hard, he did fall over!
I drove a International 9670 COE.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Posting Guru

FLgargoyle is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.FLgargoyle is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
When I was a volunteer fireman, one call we went out on involved a truck carrying welding bottles- oxygen and acetylene. The front of his driveshaft fell out, dropped to the pavement, caught on something and flipped the 1 ton end over end. The bottles were all over the highway, with many of them leaking. The best part was the state trooper who showed up, and was about to strike a flare in the middle of all this! The fire chief had a few words for him....

'72 F-250 Camper Special

"I'm a man. I can change.... If I have too... I guess...."
Old 07-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Posting Guru

GlennFordx4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Out of the 12 adjustable wrenches I own I only bought 2 of them found all the others in a three year span riding my bicycle to work a few screwdrivers and all sizes of wrenches and most where found in the same section of road where there is a nice corner, They must have shot off the car or truck as they went around the bend.

My old boss found a big plastic tub full of Lionel trains all old and in there boxes with a list of who ever owned them and it had prices some of the engines where worth $400 he was going to try to find out who the owner was but I don't know if he ever did.

86 F150 302 efi aod with shift kit slamming stereo two tone blue and rust
93 EB Bronco 5.8 Clean,Low miles,Shift Kit, Second owner. My baby
04 jeep liberty wife's car

Last edited by GlennFordx4; 07-19-2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: added words
Old 07-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Senior User

aaronlockhart is starting off with a positive reputation.
lol, I found the screen door hanging off the back of my house from the side of the road... Works just fine...

Also found an old Royce base station CB radio, and some other piece of expensive radio equiptment, I don't remember what it was but I asked my friends dad, who was a cop, and he told me it was illegal, lol....
Old 07-19-2008, 10:10 AM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
lets see..
this week:
4 $100 bills in the center median of the road, in an envelope with no lettering on it.
also, a brand new, unmounted, 235-85-16 front runner tread tire.

last week:
a fully loaded 45 caliber glock.
a smith and wesson 12 gauge pump shotgun with the barrel and stock cut to almost pistol size.
a bag of white powder.
(the state troopers hate me for finding this stuff.)

2 weeks ago:
a completely stocked snap on top box, and a victor portable oxy-acetylene setup.
an unloaded baretta 9 mm semi-auto pistol

back in 88, i walked out of a 7-11 in Salisbury North Carolina, and the phone rang. i set the 2 quart stainless steel thermos full of coffee on the front bumper of the rattletrap, and answered the cell phone.
forgetting what i was doing, i got into the truck, and proceeded to drive back to Jersey in a snow storm.
about 20 miles later, i realized the thermos was missing, and wrote it off as having fallen off on the road somewhere.

750 miles and 14 hours later, as i was getting ready to hook the snow plow up to the truck to go plowing, there is the thermos, resting comfortably between the front bumper and the lower cowling, still full of lukewarm coffee.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Postmaster

70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of
A naked drugged up drunk dude that was getting arrested.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Senior User

daddy172005 is starting off with a positive reputation.
A few years back I rode around looking for hub caps. I believe the count got up to 76. Ran out of room to put them.

Thursday I saw an agitator out of a washing machine in the middle of the road. The only thing that came to mind was wheres the washing machine?

Yesterday I drove by a hardware store and about a mile up the road there were three pieces of 12', 3/4" conduit on the side of the road. Needless to say I had to have it.
87 Bronco 4x4 302
80 F100 302 C4
Old 07-19-2008, 02:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion

Tags
bull, canyon, elk, parleys