Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Power Hungry Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Power Hungry Performance

Power Hungry Performance (home to the Gryphon Programmer) is proud to announce that they have been chosen as the Official Programmer/Tuner for the National Association of Diesel Motorsports.

We are thrilled to be working with the NADM, and we look forward to meeting new people and making new friends at NADM events! We’ll be attending as many as possible so that you can see the products we offer and have the opportunity to ask questions. Make sure you drop by and say hi to us at the Atlanta Dragway on September 6!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:13 PM
RedRage
Tuned
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I dont like posts that turn out to be advertising. Seems kind of dishonest in a way. I stay clear of companies that pull this stuff.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Question

First, let me say that we pay a fee every month to be able to speak about our products on this forum (and others), but I do agree with you in a way. We are very careful not to compare our products to other programmers, and we never say anything negative about our competition. We think that's, morally, the wrong thing to do, and on a personal level, I would never buy from any company who thought they had to badmouth their competitors in order for their product to look better.

On the other hand, I think we have every right to be proud of our achievement and to let people know where they can find us to ask us questions in person. Our experience has been that many people prefer making major purchases in person, and our customers like coming out to meet us after dealing with us through e-mails and over the phone.

If you choose not to deal with our company, that's certainly your right, and we don't fault you for it.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:46 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
Good job!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Talking

Why, thank you! Everyone's entitled to their opinions, and I have found that on the forums, some people feel the need to express them a little more negatively than others. That's just not me. I prefer to stay positive.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Bigskyduty
Junior User
anybody from winder GA is ok with me, grew up in Dawsonville, lol-

Old 07-17-2008, 12:04 PM
RedRage
Tuned
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I will steer clear of your company. My opinion in and of itself is not negative. But the message contained within was negative due to the fact that your post looked like any other post. But once opened, it turned out to be an add. Using the phrase "some people" is very transparent and the phrase "I prefer" is elitist. Your suggestion to stay positive is good advise. Use it!
Joe

Old 07-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Bigskyduty
anybody from winder GA is ok with me, grew up in Dawsonville, lol-
We LOVE living in Winder! (Ironically, we found the area on Mapquest when we still lived in Utah. We came to check it out and were pleasantly surprised. It's a great place to be raising our kids!) Where do you live now?

Old 07-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Talking

Originally Posted by RedRage
I will steer clear of your company. My opinion in and of itself is not negative. But the message contained within was negative due to the fact that your post looked like any other post. But once opened, it turned out to be an add. Using the phrase "some people" is very transparent and the phrase "I prefer" is elitist. Your suggestion to stay positive is good advise. Use it!
Joe
You are certainly not the first person that I've encountered on the forums who feels the need to post negative comments against someone (or our company, in this case) without even knowing who they are. To assume "some people" refers, simply, to you is wrong.

I will definitely keep up my positive attitude and continue to look for the best in people. As for you, I don't know you from Adam, but I wish you nothing but the best and will keep you in my prayers.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:40 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
Hes just grumpy. Even his screen name says so....

Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Bigskyduty
Junior User
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
We LOVE living in Winder! (Ironically, we found the area on Mapquest when we still lived in Utah. We came to check it out and were pleasantly surprised. It's a great place to be raising our kids!) Where do you live now?
Been in Helena Montana for 5 years now, we are never going back to the east coast. Miss my parents, mine and the wifes still live in Dawsonville but they love comming out here to visit. Winder was one of my old stomping grounds, and your right, its a great place to live.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Hes just grumpy. Even his screen name says so....
(I kind of found that ironic, myself!)

Old 07-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Bigskyduty
Been in Helena Montana for 5 years now, we are never going back to the east coast. Miss my parents, mine and the wifes still live in Dawsonville but they love comming out here to visit. Winder was one of my old stomping grounds, and your right, its a great place to live.
So how'd you get out there?!? We were in Utah for 3 1/2 years while Bill worked at Edge, and I missed the east coast every minute.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Hollywood2005
Senior User
I dont want to start a thing but I agree with red rage 100%..... People come to these site to talk about their trucks so in my opinio IF you have a 6.4 and want to talk about it that's great.. If you are paying to advertis on this site you should get a advertising spot.

If everyone started pulling this it would ruin these kind of sites

My two cents

Old 07-17-2008, 10:54 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
Every one is not pulling this though. They pay every month to be able to do this. Especially for an honor as great as this. Heck I would be telling everyone if something like this happend to me.

Quick Reply: Power Hungry Performance