Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Power Hungry Performance

Old 07-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Justastrokin'08
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RedRage
I dont like posts that turn out to be advertising. Seems kind of dishonest in a way. I stay clear of companies that pull this stuff.
If you have a problem with a post like this there is a red triangle at the top of the first post to report it. I have, also at the bottom it says this report is for advertisements and many other things. I agree very misleading title just to get out an advertisement for your product.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Power_Hungry
Former ******
Power Hungry Performance (home to the Gryphon Programmer) is proud to announce that they have been chosen as the Official Programmer/Tuner for the National Association of Diesel Motorsports.

We are thrilled to be working with the NADM, and we look forward to meeting new people and making new friends at NADM events! We’ll be attending as many as possible so that you can see the products we offer and have the opportunity to ask questions. Make sure you drop by and say hi to us at the Atlanta Dragway on September 6!
Originally Posted by RedRage
I dont like posts that turn out to be advertising. Seems kind of dishonest in a way. I stay clear of companies that pull this stuff.
Frankly, I fail to see how you interpreted that post as an advertisement. Corey made a post to let people know that PHP was a sponsor for NADM and that we were looking forward to meeting many of the people in the Ford Diesel Truck community at NADM events. That was it. While she did offer to have people come by at events to see what we offer, I didn't see any place where she was trying to push products on anyone and she didn't ask anyone to buy anything from us.

I would like to add, though, that I have been tuning Ford vehicles exclusively for over 12 years, working for both Superchips and Edge as well as running my own company, and feel we offer a great deal of knowledge and expertise to the Ford community. We sponsor and post on many Ford forums and unlike many other Ford experts, we have never had any problem explaining what we do or even sharing ideas and successes when we find something that is beneficial. We have tried to do what we could to help bring Ford tuning to a level that was competitive with Dodge or GM, despite the fact that Ford guys historically don't like to share their secrets.

Corey and I both apologize if her post stepped on anyone's toes and we certainly respect your right to express your opinion. However, if this is the way you treat people who are trying to help support the Ford Diesel community, then your cynical views may unfortunately exclude you from what many people consider to be a valuable resource. People who know us understand that we do whatever we can to help someone, even if it means pointing them to other vendors or even trying to support a product we didn't sell to them. I understand that you're probably not used to people putting the enthusiast's needs before profit, but that's just how we are.

Hopefully we can get past this point and move on to more productive conversations.

I wish you all the best and my God bless you and yours.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:25 AM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Moved from 6.4L forum.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:54 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
I can vouch for their great customer service and product.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:56 AM
rplatt56
Senior User
ummmmmmmmm doesnt the post say "Vendors". What did he think was contained within? Im considering getting a tuner for both my 07 F150s and I'll be contacting PHP as soon as I am ready. Ive heard nothing but positive things about your company. Just wish you made one tuner that would tune 2 trucks at once.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:23 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
rplatt56 it was in the 6.4L and got moved, I have a chip that Bill burned for a friend of mine quite a few years ago and still works great for me.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
FTX
Senior User
Originally Posted by SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
I can vouch for their great customer service and product.
x2 I feel the same way

Old 08-27-2008, 06:16 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by horsepuller
Moved from 6.4L forum.

Now I understand what the earlier fuss was all about! It does seem like this would be the more appropriate place for the kind of message communicated in the OP.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
I am quickly learning that the rules are different for all the forums on which we post. What was okay on another forum isn't here. No worries. It's all about the learning curve.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:53 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
I neglected to offer my congrats, Corey! I know that you folks at Power Hungry Performance must be proud of this accomplishment.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:13 AM
LeadDoggy
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
Power Hungry Performance (home to the Gryphon Programmer) is proud to announce that they have been chosen as the Official Programmer/Tuner for the National Association of Diesel Motorsports.

We are thrilled to be working with the NADM, and we look forward to meeting new people and making new friends at NADM events! We’ll be attending as many as possible so that you can see the products we offer and have the opportunity to ask questions. Make sure you drop by and say hi to us at the Atlanta Dragway on September 6!

Groovey website!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and words! We are very proud and excited, as you can imagine. We'll be on Vendor Alley at the Atlanta Dragway on September 6 and in Indianapolis from September 18-21. Come by and see us!

Old 08-29-2008, 09:07 PM
PAID BY FORD
Freshman User
Groovy chick you should be proud of that!! and congratulations by the way. Also as a side note to you guys being from dawsonville georgia, all i can say is GOD BLESS Awesome Bill!!! lol

Old 09-04-2008, 05:23 PM
cleatus12r
Butt-Head
Received 1,970 Likes on 1,105 Posts
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
We are very careful not to compare our products to other programmers, and we never say anything negative about our competition. We think that's, morally, the wrong thing to do, and on a personal level, I would never buy from any company who thought they had to badmouth their competitors in order for their product to look better.
It's crazy that people will buy a lot of products from a company (rhymes with "spanks") that does this exact thing ALL of the time. I make it a point not to buy from people like that.

By the way, I have a question for you and Bill, but want to make sure first that a PM is ok.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Hey there,

A PM is fine, but e-mail is easier. corey@phptune.com